Friday, September 18, 2009

Flood

Our basement flooded on Monday. I discovered it when I was doing laundry and the carpet sloshed when I walked on it. I called my brother Joseph and he came over and helped us move everything out of the room. Thankfully nothing was ruined. I thought the water may have come from the air conditioner but Joseph pulled up the blinds to one of the windows and there was about three inches of water in it. Turns out a sprinkler pipe broke in the back and who knows how long it has been leaking. It was pretty entertaining though because Joseph kept telling JP he would need to pull up the carpet pad and JP kept saying he wasn't going too. They went back and forth for awhile, meantime I am just in the hallway listening and smiling. Two stubborn people make for some entertainment! Well after all that JP ended up pulling up the pad the next day. My dad was kind enough to pick up all the box fans he has at his office and bring them over. Our basement is now a disaster! It is going to take awhile to recover but the up side is I will now get rid of stuff I don't use because I won't want to find a place to put it. DI here comes a lot of stuff!

1 comment:

Drew, Emms, Mcky, and Hara said...

Steph, I am so sorry. If you need any help, I am here.