I know, I know you want a picture but due to my inclination and not knowing how to use the computer you still have to wait. I will post many pictures soon though, PROMISE!!
I have entered the world of stretch marks and insomnia. When I first noticed the stretch marks, I about cried. I refrained because JP would have thought I was crazy. (He hasn't figured out that pregnant women really are crazy! Well, at least this one is!) The insomnia is just annoying! Who really wants to be awake at midnight!? I don't get out of bed, I just sit there and stair at the ceiling and eventually I fall asleep.
I had a doctors appointment yesterday and well, I guess I am "big". See I am measuring 29 weeks and I am only 27 weeks. The doctor is not concerned though, I am a teeny bit because I don't really want to give birth to a 9 pound baby! I had to take the glucose tolerance test also. My results came back today, and although my blood sugar is ok I don't have enough iron. I am to start taking an iron pill once a day. My doctors nurse told me that after a couple of weeks I will probably have more energy, we will see. Everything else at the appointment was good. So there is your pregnancy update, finally!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The stretch marks are soooooo depressing. I feel for you sister. I have only one positive thing to say about them: they do diminish some after birth. Like as your stomach sucks back in, they get smaller/skinnier. Sort of. The more weight I lose, the less noticeable they are. Sort of. ;)
But there's no way around it - stretch marks suck!
You're getting so close to meeting that little princess. I'm so excited for you!
I think of the stretch marks as battle scars. I actually didn't get any with my frist pregnancy but made up for that stroke of luck with Max's pregnancy (despite the fact I gained 1/2 the weight I did the first time. go figure) when my belly very much resembled a purple striped zebra. Sigh.
I was anemic too, but the iron pills made me sick, so I ended up eating a lot of frosted mini wheats, they're loaded with iron.
How exciting Steph! My sister just had a 9 pounder, it's not so bad- they're better sleepers! :) I would suggest unisom for sleeping- you only need 1/2 of a pill, and it's very safe for use during pregnancy. And good luck with the stretch marks, I've totally lucked out with both my girls- I don't know how, I gained 40 lbs for crying out loud! But I won't complain. Anyways, you're only 10 weeks away from a full-term baby, that's pretty exciting!
When I was low on iron I was so tired and groggy. I actually had an iron infusion and I started feeling better very quickly. I hope that the iron helps!
Post a Comment