JP and I went to Hawaii last week. It was birthday, anniversary, last hurrah before the baby. We left on a Friday and took a direct flight there. I did OK on the flight there but the red eye flight home was not so good! The plane was very hot and I could not fall asleep. At one point I was either going to pass out or throw up. JP said he would take the pass out because then he would have at least got some sleep!
We went to Maui and stayed in the Marriott vacation club in kanapali. We spent lots of time hanging out on the beach. We went with my parents and some of their friends. JP spent lots of time in the swimming pool playing with the little kids. He is going to be a great dad! One day we went into Paia and shopped a little. We also went whale watching. We saw a little baby whale breaching. It was really cool! I was sitting in the back of the boat and didn't get sea sick but I did get a little sick from the exhaust fumes. JP did not go golfing. He is a little bummed, about that but he still had fun.
The first full day we were there JP was out in the ocean and on his way in he stepped on a sea urchin. Off to the pharmacy my dad went to find out what to do. Everyone kept telling JP to pee on it. Then they told me to pee on it. Now I love my husband very much but YUCK I DON"T THINK SO!! The pharmacist told my dad to leave the needles in and have JP take amoxicillan. We went and bought water shoes the next day! Every vacation someone has to get hurt right!? At least JP is a roll with it person and it didn't ruin his whole vacation.
The food was really good, except for the fact I couldn't eat the ahi because I am pregnant. And wouldn't you know, just about every restaurant had an ahi special that sounded really good! Don't worry, I didn't starve. I found other things to eat! We got lucky too and it only rained one day and that was in the morning. We wouldn't even make it to the cabana until around eleven so we missed the rain. I know, we were lazy and slept in. JP and Tanner would stay up late very night playing X Box 360. Who brings their X Box on vacation you ask? My 15 year old brother does! One day JP and Tanner played until around noon. My dad said he was going to take away the X Box if the boys did not put it down and come to the beach. Why do you want to spend your time indoors playing video games when you are in Hawaii?
I really enjoyed our week in Hawaii but next time I am hoping they have those "beam me up" machines perfected and I don't have to sit on an awful airplane for 5 plus hours! Wouldn't that be awesome if you could just state where you wanted to go and then five minutes later you are there!? One can only hope!!!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
plane rides are the WORST when you're preggo. I wish they had barstools to sit on. At least we'd be comfy right? Evan wants me to go with him to Germany in June, but just the thought of stepping on a plane with a belly, especially sleeping, makes me wanna stay home. Amen to the insomnia. I think I've read the last 3 ensigns cover to cover in the last week!
I'm glad you had such a fun trip with your family! We need to get together, it's been way too long!
Post a Comment