Friday, February 5, 2010

My cute husband

JP has always been a great husband and worrier, so it was no surprise that when I got pregnant he was even more protective. I was cleaning the bathroom one night, using those lysol wipes and he freaked out at me. "You should no be using those harsh chemicals." He said. "You have a husband who can do that for you!" He really freaks out when I clean the toilet! He is also very protective of what I do. If I clean too mush he gets mad, yet if I don't clean he makes comments about when that nesting faze is going to kick in. He is also telling me to make sure I put lotion on my belly. A lot of good that did because I still got stretch marks, but that's what you get when you give your body up for another little person to live in! She needed more room and my skin was not stretching fast enough. It's not like I really showed my belly off anyways, so no one will know they are there! And hey, they match the ones on my inner thighs I got just from growing up. So I am going to call them signs of growing up! I like that better then stretch marks, it makes it sound like you sacrificed for them. (which in the case of pregnancy you do!)
Anyways JP has really been cute with me being pregnant and I like that. He wants the baby to be healthy and so he makes sure I am healthy. He has also gotten really good at telling me to just eat without him, since sometimes he gets home late. When I started taking a prenatal water aerobics class he was quick to tell me not to over due it. I only went two times a week and lately I haven't gone at all, so he worried about nothing! When JP felt out little girl move for the first time it was really neat to see. And our little girl put on a show for him! She kicked and moved for about a half hour. Every time she moved JP would gasp and say she kicked me. When he is watching tv at night he is always asking if she is moving and if she is he will sit and watch tv with his hand on my belly. After I have fallen asleep he will still sit and rub my belly. He says that our little girl goes crazy and he is surprised I don't wake up.
When I get horrible indigestion or acid reflux he talks to my belly and tells our little girl to stop beating up mommy. He also talks to my belly ALL the time. He wants our little girl to know his voice. She will know his voice, that's for sure! She will also already understand his mumble because he makes sure he is VERY close to my belly when he speaks.
I am so excited to see our little lady in 12 weeks! I think JP is more excited then me though. He already talks about staying up late with her and watching tv until she falls asleep. I am excited that JP has already agreed to this, as he is a late owl and I am not!

7 comments:

Shauntel said...

So cute.

Jess used to put his face right next to my stomach and say loudly (bordering on yelling): "YOU LOVE YOUR FATHER THE MOST. YOU LOVE YOUR FATHER THE MOST." :)

She will most definitely know his voice. But she will especially know yours. :)

P.S. The stretch marks happen or they don't. No potion or lotion will prevent it, so you're on the right track just embracing them! And like I said, they do diminish as your belly tucks back in. :)

jamie said...

That's so sweet! John was never very interested in the pregnancies. He had a hard time connecting with my belly. He'd grudgingly sit with his hand on my belly feeling the baby move for a few seconds, then get bored and want to do something else. He was kind of the same way with the boys as babies "But he doesn't DO anything" he'd whine when I asked him to interact with our newborns. I really worried for a while about what kind of father he might be if he doesn't want to sit an oogle the babies all day long like I did. I've actually said to him "your BROTHER is more interested in your baby than you are!" Turns out though, he's an AWESOME dad, the older our kids get, the more John interacts with them. I guess he just had to grow into fatherhood, whereas with JP, it must come more naturally from the beginning. The important thing is, he got there :)

Daphne A. Quist said...

I love it! I haven't seen you at all since you became pregnant due to my crazy life in grad school. But, I think of you often and am so excited for you guys! I hope Ty is as sweet as JP! Darling! I didn't get many "stretch marks" but I had a girl friend that got an entire body full and we decided they should be called,"mommy marks" because they remind you that you were blessed to become a mommy every day! Wow! 80 more days...time flies when it isn't you!

Daphne A. Quist said...

I love it! I haven't seen you at all since you became pregnant due to my crazy life in grad school. But, I think of you often and am so excited for you guys! I hope Ty is as sweet as JP! Darling! I didn't get many "stretch marks" but I had a girl friend that got an entire body full and we decided they should be called,"mommy marks" because they remind you that you were blessed to become a mommy every day! Wow! 80 more days...time flies when it isn't you!

Shauntel said...

Oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you as well. For the most part, cleaning products are safe for pregnant women. I Googled it when I was deep cleaning my apartment when the nesting urges kicked in. (Just be sure the room is well ventilated, you don't feel dizzy, and you don't mix chemicals.)

JUST DON'T TELL J.P.! :) Then he can do the cleaning until May!

littlered said...

Awww I love you Steph and JP and Baby Girl!!! :) :) :) And I can't wait until MAY!!!!!!!

Lauri said...

I am so so so happy for you and JP!!! And it will be so much fun for you both to have a little princess! JP will be a GREAT daddy! Grant loves to talk to my belly and hug and kiss it! He will run up and wrap his arms around my waist and when I hug him back he will tell me, "I'm not hugging you mom, I'm hugging the baby!" I love it!