Sunday, September 27, 2009

No family party is complete...

without a visit to Instacare! Let me backup a little. Yesterday JP went to a birthday party for his Grandma and I went to a baby shower for my sister-in-law. After the shower, my sisters and I were going to a movie. Jp was going to go to the U of U game with a friend. I fed the dogs and off to the movie I went. I called JP to let him know I fed the dogs and his sister answers the phone. I ask if they are still at the party and Jennifer is like "Well, I will just break it to you...we are at Instacare." I get worried and ask what happened. Jennifer tells me that JP either broke his elbow or tore ligaments. I just laugh and she comments that at least I can laugh.Well, thats all you can do in a situation like that! She hands the phone over to JP and I get mad at him for not calling me sooner. He says its no big deal, he is ok. I explain that visiting an Instacare IS a big deal! He justs laughs at me. This is the part in the story where I feel like a bad wife but my movie was about to start and I knew that JP was in Centervile so I tell him my movie is about to start but I want him to call me after they take x-rays and know what happened. Yes, I did not drop everything and go to his side. I know I am a horrible wife but when your husband has been to the Instacare as much as mine has and he didn't even bother to call me I didn't feel too bad.
To make matters worse JP is on call this weekend and he couldn't even go to the game because he had to work. He did not break his elbow, he just tore ligaments and gets to visit a specialist this week sometime. Oh, and if you are wondering how this happened it's simple, JP was playing tackle football with the other guys at the party. See this is why you don't play tackle football, especially when you are almost thirty!

5 comments:

DillChips said...

I am glad he has a wiffee like you that loves and takes care of him and we all know you do. You know he tripped over a chair the first time chasing for the ball, shame on us there was a sure sign. He definitely keeps the party fun and entertaining though.

jamie said...

I hope it heals ok!

Scott and Sara said...

I knew someone was going to get hurt! I left to put the baby down and before I left I walked over to say bye. Right then someone was getting tackled VIOLENTLY. (that wasn't the one where he got hurt) I just said to myself PLEASE PLEASE don't let anyone get hurt. Scott came home and told me. I felt so bad. Good news is, your insurance covers the first 1000 of claims related to an accident! Call me and I can update your policy if you need : )

amberjill said...

YEAH!!! Every time you blog I get all excited wondering if this is the time you are going to blog some great news! I guess I'll keep waiting for it on the blog...but I'm so glad you let me know! CONGRATS! We'll see you at Christmas time, with a little bump of your own! :)

Drew, Emms, Mcky, and Hara said...

So, I love to read your blog. I invision you saying and doing everything. You make me laugh. Luv YA!

Oh ya and Poor JP. How was your movie, what did you see?