Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

JP and I took off to Vegas last week. We left on Wednesday night and after some stops in Provo for JP to work we headed to St. George. We stayed there for the night and the next day drove the rest of the way to Vegas. We stayed at Excalibur, which was really nice. JP decided to sign up to go to a time share presentation because it would get us free tickets to a show and give him free gambling money. Friday ALL morning was spent at the time share presentation. Now that JP has been to one it is VERY safe to say he will not be attending another, EVER!! At least I won't be attending one ever again! The rest of that day was spent hanging out with my family, who was also there. That night we ate at the steak house in Excalibur and it was really good! I had a cold so I was not up for much, so JP went gambling and I went to bed. The next day we just hung-out. We went over to the shops at Cesars and wondered around. That night was our show. We saw Chris Angel Mind Freak, and well it is a good thing it was free (well technically money wise it was free but time wise it was not!) because I was not too impressed. The cirques so le (I have no idea how to spell that!) people wrote the show with Chris. So it was a lot of dancing in crazy costumes and very little magic tricks. If you are going to Vegas in the future this is a show that you can miss and be ok with it. JP originally wanted to see Beatles LOVE but because the tickets were free to Chris Angel he chose those. I would pay the extra money to see another show. After the show JP again headed to gamble and I headed off to relax and watch tv. The next day was a lazy day. We ordered room service and took our time getting ready for the day. We went back to Cesars and JP went to FAO Swarts to check out the transformers. He ended up not getting the huge one and is now on the look out for it here. Then we headed back to St. George. That night JP went to the priesthood session, while the girls went to Tuachan and saw AIDA. I love AIDA. It really is a good play. Sunday we slept in and took our time getting ready. JP didn't wake up until around eleven. We headed to come home around four and after another stop in Provo for JP to work again we were home! I really like going on vacation but I also like coming home to my own house and bed!

1 comment:

Scott and Sara said...

I need to start vacationing with you! You always seem so chill and willing to relax. Whenever we go anywhere, Scott is always...go go go. I just like to watch tv and lay in the hotel! Although, I would have gone at least once with JP to hit up the slots!