Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Are they re-usable?

I know times are tough and people are cutting back where ever they can. They are not spending as much money, re-using things, etc. BUT, somethings are not suppose to be re-used. Case in point...
Yesterday I was working on a patient and they were telling me that they don't floss very often. They had no excuse, just lazy I guess. I told them about floss picks and how nice they are to use. We have some samples of the floss picks, so after I was done cleaning the patients teeth I showed them what they look like and gave them some to try. The patient looks at them and then asks me "Are they re-usable?" I just about gagged but maintained a straight face and said "No, they should only be used once." To which the patient replied "That's what I thought but I thought I would ask." EEEWWWWW!!!!!!! Have you ever smelled your floss after you use it? Don't you have a nasty taste in your mouth after you floss? Do you know what that is? BACTERIA! Would you really just rinse off the floss and use it again? I know you re-use your toothbrush but that is different. So people please, DON'T RE-USE YOUR FLOSS! And if you are going through hard times they sale floss, and floss picks at the dollar store. My job is never boring!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

SICK. I'm sorry you have to deal with crazy people. It was so fun to see you the other night. Love you!

jamie said...

Ok, I can safely say that I have never SMELLED my floss after I use it. It didn't even occur to me that it would have a smell! Other than mint anyway. I wouldn't reuse floss anyway. I have sad pathetic gums that STILL bleed when I floss (been that way since my first pregnancy! WTH?) and reusing floss would be about the same as reusing a bandaid. EW!