Saturday, November 7, 2009
Family to the rescue
My sister Kimberly is probably going to be embarrassed by this by I am going to post it anyway. First off I want to say I LOVE MY FAMILY! I really do have the best family ever, blood and married. We would do just about anything for each other. Case in point.... Kimberly was out driving around with a friend the other night. I get a phone call around 9:30 and she is asking for JP. The only reason my family calls and asks for JP is because their car has broken down, or something else needs to be fixed. I LOVE my handyman husband! Anyways I don't hear what Kimberly says but I hear JP say I am on my way. So we jump in the truck and JP tells me that Kim is stranded on the side of the freeway with a dead car, in Woods Cross. Off we go. We find them and JP gets to work. He jumps the car then he figures out it is not the battery but the alternator that is bad. So then he is worried they won't make it home because turning on the lights of the car will drain any juice there is and they will be stranded again. After we let the car run for awhile we decide it is best to get off the freeway. So JP backs off while Kim and her friend follow. As we are driving, VERY VERY SLOWLY on the side of the freeway, a highway patrol man pulls up behind us with his lights on. I tell JP he should probably explain to the highway patrol person what we are doing so we don't get in trouble. JP jumps out and runs up to the patrol man and tells him what is going on. The guy was cool and said he would follow us off the freeway so there were at least lights in the back. We get off the freeway and turn into the Village Inn parking lot. After sitting there for awhile JP decides we should not let them drive home and we call, who else but TRIPLE AAA. We give them all the information and I tell the lady we are in the Village Inn Restaurant parking lot. Too which she respond, what Village are you in? That's not a good sign! The tow truck gets there and we are on our way home. Kim and her friend rode with us so JP had to clean out the back of his truck a little so one of them could fit. Poor friend, because the whole way home they are holding up stuff to keep from falling on them. JP told the friend to go to Checker or Napa and get a new alternator. The friend then asked if they should take it into a store to have it put in, JP responded with "I think Kimberly may know someone who can change it out for you!" We ended up getting home around 12:30 but I don't mind, that's what family is for right!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awwwww!!!! I love you guys so much!! Really after you guys left, my friend :) was all you really have the best family!!!! To which I responded, YES I DO!!! I love you and seriously thank you! We'd still be out there if it weren't for you two!!! :)
Post a Comment