Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh the joys of naps!

I have always been one that has enjoyed a nap or two but since being pregnant they are the best thing ever! On the days I start work at 7 I get home at two, which means NAP TIME! Molly and Bailey have also benefited from this and will take a nap with me. Bailey jumps on the bed and lays down immediately. Molly jumps on the bed, then jumps around for a couple of minutes then lays down on top of me. Literally on top of me! I end up pushing her off because I can't breath or her bony elbows will dig into me.
Now the only minor problem with my naps would be the fact that I can take a three hour nap. That's right, I fall asleep around three and wake up around six, or whatever time JP gets home. The puppies are actually OK with this as long as I don't move too much. Daylight savings time also helped because now Molly doesn't think it is time to eat until six. Before daylight savings time, if I rolled over and it was close to five or after Molly would turn into crazy dog! (Crazier then she is normally!) I would have to tell her to lay down but that would only last about ten minutes. JP has gotten home multiple times and I am still snoozing away. He doesn't think it is fair but then I point out that I woke-up around 5:45 AM, so yes it is fair that I take a nap. Those of you who can wake-up around NINE get enough sleep without naps. I know this schedule will change dramatically in May but until then, BRING ON THE NAPS! Happy napping everyone!

7 comments:

Shauntel said...

I slept NON-STOP in the first trimester. NON STOP. Being pregnant is exhausting. And remind JP that it's totally fair - you're kind of CREATING A HUMAN in there!

And yes, enjoy those naps. They'll go bye bye in May! But trust me, you really don't mind too much. You'll be too in love with that little person. :)

amberjill said...

nap nap nap nap nap!! I remember with Winni I would go to sleep around 10PM and force myself to wake up at 10AM. I think that is why I enjoyed being pregnant with her. Not only will you no longer get long naps in May, you may never get them until your youngest goes to 1st grade! I get a nap every Sunday, and it usually ends up being about 3 hours long. Enjoy it, treasure it, love it!!

Scott and Sara said...

I love naps too. I really really miss the freedom to just lay down whenever I want to sleep. Take it all in! I can't wait for your baby.

Nielsen Familia said...

Hey, I found your blog! I saw your link on a friend from high school's blog. I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm excited for you guys!

littlered said...

Nap girlie, nap :) And in May I will babysit for you, and then you can nap too!!
I love you stephers and thank you so much for saving me last night ;) Love you!!

Rommel and Christy said...

I am so excited for you Steph! We need to get together sometime...are you coming to dinner on Thurs? 6:30 @ the southtowne Olive Garden. Hope to see you!

Shboogoo's Mommy said...

Stephani, I don't think I commented a while back -- but it really was the post I'd been waiting for! What an incredible series of events and a happy ending (but it's a beginning)! And you are beautiful. Yeah, naps are so nice before and after the baby comes. When I found out I was pregnant the first time, I was like, "I haven't felt different." Then I remembered the night I tried watching a movie with my family at 7 pm on a Saturday and COULD NOT stay awake.