Have you ever had one of those days, you know the kind when you wake up in the morning and think 'should I even get out of bed?' Yesterday could be called one of those days. My alarm went off, I got out of bed. I showered and thought about what I was going to wear to church, being that only very few things fit anymore it is not really a hard decision! I get out of the shower and JP asks me "Did daylight savings happen last night or tonight?" WHAT!? I had totally forgotten about daylight savings time. So it was now eleven and not ten and church starts in thirty minutes. I think about just climbing back into bed but then I have a calling to fulfill. So I hurry and throw on clothes and run off to church. As I am sitting in Relief Society I am thinking it is really hot in here. Then I start sweating bullets. I find something to use as a fan and start fanning myself. The lesson could not have ended any sooner because I was about to throw up. I get up and walk around the building for awhile and then go back to Sunday School.
After Sunday School we head into sacrament meeting. JP decides to sit in the middle of a row. The meeting was going really well. JP was snacking on pretzels. He would eat some, put them away and then get them out again. It is really hot in sacrament meeting too and next thing I know the smell of the pretzels is not good. I turn to JP and tell him he needs to put the pretzels away. He looks at me and is confused. I then explain to him that the smell is making me sick and he has to put the pretzels away NOW. He puts them away and then asks "Can I eat a jolly rancher?" Your wife is about to throw up and all you can think about is how hungry you are! I almost start crying because it is so hot, I feel like I am going to throw up, I am stuck in the middle of a row and my husband is upset because I just told him to put the pretzels away. I did survive, as did JP, with no long term injuries but I am highly contemplating just getting back into bed next time!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
haha, that is a funny story!
nice! we forgot about daylight savings, too. Except I didn't realize it until it was 930, instead of 830. Church starts at 930 and we are about 45 min away. Oooops!
Oh the joys of being pregnant! Lately I have been experiencing a lot of sudden dizzy spells. It sucks, especially if I am driving.
You're in the home stretch of your pregnancy, and I think you should ALWAYS just get back into bed should the mood strikes.
Also, John got into the habit of asking me "can I eat this around you?" Before even coming into the same room with me my nose and stomach were so touchy during pregnancy. In fact, there were a few foods that he couldn't eat EVER, unless he wasn't going to be around me for a few days because I could smell it on his breath even after he'd brush/floss/gargle. Sadly, this actually lasted for several months AFTER the babies were born.
Wait til you get to the temple. That's the worst! You can't get up, stand up, or throw up! THe heat is unbearable!
Post a Comment