Tuesday, March 23, 2010
You get fat when you are going to have a baby
Yesterday I had the cutest little girl come in and get her teeth cleaned. It was her first visit and she had A LOT of questions. I cleaned her teeth first and then cleaned her moms teeth. The whole time I was cleaning her moms teeth the little girl was asking me questions. 'Why are you doing that?' 'What makes cavities?', etc. Her mom kept apologizing and telling her daughter to be quiet. I didn't mind. Then the mom pointed to my belly and asked her daughter to ask me about what that is. "I know," said the little girl. "I noticed that when she came and got us. She is going to have a baby. You get fat when you are going to have a baby." The interesting thing is she said it very matter of factly, she was not being mean. The mom was very embarrassed and started apologizing. Honestly I didn't mind, because the girl was five and to her when someone is getting bigger they are getting fat. I actually thought it was pretty funny. Little kids can be very honest and in this case she was. So the moral of the story is, be very careful when asking little children questions, because they tell the truth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Steph you are getting so close! Are you nervous? Excited? All of the above? I am so flipping excited for you and JP to experience the amazingness of being parents! When you see that precious little girl you wont know what hit you and then you will realize it is a love like no other! Oh I just cant wait!!!
DONT EVEN TALK TO ME ABOUT GETTING FAT!! YOU are NOT FAT! You look so so cute!
Post a Comment