Friday, April 9, 2010

6 Years

JP and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary yesterday. I cannot believe it really has been 6 years since we got married. We were married on a Thursday, only it was raining and overcast the year we got married. Those who got married yesterday enjoyed the sun!
In six years we have lived in four different places. We have bought three houses, sold one house, bought one dog, too many fish to count!, inherited a turtle, bought a tortoise, bought and sold a fishing boat, bought a white van and then sold it (thankfully!!), bought a work truck, graduated from hygiene school, visited many places, bought a 4-wheeler, bought and sold many Nissan Z's, visited the ER, gone through a death of a mother, birth of many nieces and nephews and in a month or so I will give birth to our little girl! We have laughed, cried, fought and through it all we have grown stronger and closer together. We still don't have a perfect relationship and communication may lack sometimes but we are as in love, if not more, than the day we got married!
We celebrated by going to work, yeah :( That's life thought right!? I had a doctors appointment at 4:30. By the way I am dilated to a ZERO. I thought as much. JP got me some really pretty flowers. He told me he made the florist change out some of the flowers that were not so good looking. He also got me a bicycle. He then proceeded to try to convince me to go bike riding this weekend. Um, I am like eight months pregnant, I don't think I should be bike riding right now! He is funny sometimes with what he thinks! JP got a new pair of jeans, Levi's of course. He is also going to get a new pair of shoes but he has to go with me to pick them out to make sure they fit.
JP had made reservation's at La Caille for dinner. On the way to dinner we picked up our crib. JP will put it together tonight. Our nursery will be complete one day?! We had a very nice dinner. We started with the crab cakes. Then we had the spinach salad, which was really good! JP had the steak and I had the beef french I can't pronounce. It was really good. For dessert JP had a crepe with ice cream inside, smothered in chocolate. I really wanted the chocolate cake but knew JP would not and I didn't want to make myself sick. The waitress heard me say something about it and brought out a smaller version of the chocolate cake for me. It was the perfect size and it tasted SO good! We rented Monsters VS Aliens and I fell asleep about 30 minutes into it. JP laughed at me when I woke up at the end of the movie. I really did try to stay awake but it was useless!

Just a side note, if you ever go to La Caille for dinner they will let you in if you are wearing flip flops! They won't even bat an eye, especially if you are pregnant and in flip flops. Being pregnant does have its perks!

2 comments:

Shauntel said...

Hey, so physical exertion can induce labor. I say hop on that bike! ;)

And welcome to no dilation land. Up your blood pressure a bit and you can get induced (I was "almost a one" when they started me).

I'm soooo excited for you. She'll be here so soon!

jamie said...

When I was pregnant with Max, about as far along as you are now, I started trying EVERY SINGLE labor induction technique I could get my hands on. None of them worked. My cervix wouldn't budge one bit. My dr didn't think I'd go into labor any time soon so I scheduled an induction for the day after his due date. I showed up for my induction already in labor and 4 cm dilated.