Friday, April 30, 2010

How to make a 39 1/2 week pregnant woman cry

Actually it is pretty easy to make someone who is pregnant cry, especially if they are 39 1/2 weeks, only get about 5 hours of sleep a night (not consecutive!), and are breathing fire everyday no matter what she eats! Just turn on a baby/birth story and she will be in tears. Mother's day commercials, yup they will do it too!
Today I had my doctors appointment. I was excited, thinking positively, you can only go up from zero you know. My blood pressure was great, my total weight gain has been about 28 pounds, I was in a good mood! My doctor comes in, heart beat good, measurement good, dilation effacement......ZERO. Wait, what!? I am still a zero. I sit up and my doctor starts talking about how nothing has happened, in fact baby is still really high. We at least know she is head down from a previous ultrasound. He talks about how he will only let me go one week over due (asked him that last week) and if nothing has changed next week (my due week) then he will induce the following week. He then asked if I wanted to schedule for the induction and said it would probably be a good idea, a just in case baby girl doesn't decide to grace us with her presents before then. He also told me that she could be high for many reasons, big head (great just what I want to hear), because I have not had lots of contractions she does not feel the need to move down yet (listen baby girl I love you but IT IS MOVING DAY!), my pelvis is not ready (well if she has a big head would you be ready!?).
So long story short, if baby girl does not decide to make her grand entrance into this world before the 12th of May, I will be induced. When I called and told JP this he responded by saying "I thought she would be born on the 12th. I have been telling people that." I love when he shares these insights with me. Needless to say I am less then thrilled but I was awake more then I slept last night, so that could have a lot to do with it! I am not scared about being induced, I have just hit my I AM DONE BEING PREGNANT wall and the possibility of being pregnant for 41 weeks makes me tear up. I know I have tried, and hopefully been, pretty optimistic and happy during this pregnancy but any more nights of having to listen to JP snore are going to make me go crazy. You would think that would make baby girl come, but maybe she already thinks I am crazy! My mother in law pointed out that Dillier's do usually run behind. JP and I, as many of you know, are never on time. If we are on time, people wonder what is wrong. So yes, it would be fitting for baby girl to show up late to the party too. If she came on time, she may expect that all the time and I don't think JP and I could handle that!

3 comments:

Shauntel said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! The end feels like an eternity! You are sooooo close though. You belly must be super comfy and warm, and she knows that it's just going to be cold and bright if she comes out! :)

And you have been the happiest and most optimistic pregnant girl ever. You have every right to be ready to meet your sweet girl.

We'll pray for you and that little straggler. :)

Love you!

amberjill said...

You can do this! Seriously!! A few days after my due date with Maeli I just sat in my rocking chair and cried! I told Walter that my body sucked and wasn't doing it's job! hahah very emotional. I even cried on the way to the ward Halloween party the week before, because I knew people would make their so NOT funny remarks about me being pregnant still and 'is that thing ever going to come out' ridiculousness! Seriously people, you aren't funny!! So, good luck to you. Just remember, once she's out she can't go back in. And, from that minute forward she starts growing up! So, delay her growing up as long as possible by just relaxing and not letting her out! Because, for real, the sooner she comes out, the sooner she'll be 18 and moving out. Just a thought to help you get through. Oh, and also remember, just because nothing has happened yet, it doesn't mean it won't. You could be holding her tomorrow for all you know. I was a zero with Winni and totally bummed, then I went into labor on my due date and she was here the next morning. It doesn't take a week to have a baby, sometimes not even a whole day, it just takes time. Love you! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Rommel and Christy said...

I hear ya girl! I was a 41 week-er as well. Toughest week in my life...but the wait is so worth it! Best of luck!