Abilynn, me and JP
Joseph, Jamie, Tymon, Abi, me and JP

Abi in her swimsuit Aunt Jamie C gave her.

Abi in her swimsuit Aunt Jamie C gave her.
Abilynn in her own queen sized bed!
I am not sure if I should call this a good award or bad. It could be called the stupidest award, the craziest award, or the were you thinking with your brain award. Either way, I am the recipient of such award. What did I do to receive such a wonderful award, you ask. Simple, I took my 3 week old baby to Lake Powell. Here is the story.
I am not sure if I should call this a good award or bad. It could be called the stupidest award, the craziest award, or the were you thinking with your brain award. Either way, I am the recipient of such award. What did I do to receive such a wonderful award, you ask. Simple, I took my 3 week old baby to Lake Powell. Here is the story.My family was going to Lake Powell, and even though I LOVE the place I was not going this time. I just had major surgery, not to mention I had a 3 week old baby. I was sad about it but got over it quickly. Well Thursday comes and my family leaves. Friday comes and my husband calls me from work and tell me he wants to go to Lake Powell. I tell him I am not going and he should call a friend. Apparently no friends were able to go on such short notice so JP was going by himself. I did not think him driving 6 hours at night by himself was a good idea. He still wanted to go so I sucked it up and said I would go.
We didn't leave until 7 on Friday night. Abilynn did fantastic! JP made sure to pull over every three hours, regardless if Abi was awake and hungry or not. The problem with stopping was every stop took about 30 minutes. SO our estimated arrival time to Lake Powell was 2:30 am. There was no way I would make my dad drive the ski boat in that late. I decided we should stop in Kanab and get a hotel room, then travel the last hour after some sleep. That is what we did. Abilynn had a queen sized bed all to herself. I slept with her don't worry! Our hotel was infested with ants. It was disgusting!!! I was feeding Abi and an ant was on my arm. We got out of there quickly!
I text my family and said "Guess where I am?" They were excited we decided to come down. My brother Joseph was upset that Tymon was not the youngest grandchild to go to Lake Powell. I think I will hold that record forever! (this was not a record I was planning on holding) Abi and I spent the whole time inside with the air conditioner. My dad ran the generator for 4 straight days so the babies would be comfortable. Thanks Dad!!! I played some Phase 10, and Rummiqu. I also watched tv. The ride home took a little longer but we made it safe! Abi survived her first road trip. More importantly, her mommy survived!!! In fact Abilynn did so well I would do another road trip. (If JP mellowed out a little!)


1 comment:
Wow!! Way to go Steph and Abi! I'm glad she did so well for you. She is adorable.
Post a Comment