Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there. This is a special father's day as it is JP's very first! JP is a fantastic father. He is more the worrier than me! He loves to spend time with Abilynn. He takes the late shift, so I feed Abi and hand her off. Abi and daddy watch tv, work on strengthening tummy muscles and play together. Abi can't do much of playing right now but she tries! JP loves to hold Abi and talk to her. He also reads her books and insists that she look at the pictures, which is not an easy task! I love JP so much and it has been really fun to see him fall into the father role. He wants to take her everywhere. He is a little overprotective sometimes but he has mellowed some. I am scared for the guys who try to date Abi in the future though because daddy will be watching!! Abi has her fathers blue eyes and they are very alert. Watching JP with Abilynn makes my love for him grow stonger. He is a wonderful father!
I also need to say Happy Father's Day to my dad. I love working with him and going to lunch with him. Even though I have been married for 6 years he still tries to help me make decisions and gives me advice on things. He was so patient with me when I was little and he still is patient with me. He is also a WONDERFUL grandfather to little Abilynn. He loves his grandchildren so much and it is really fun to watch him with them!
I also need to say Happy Father's Day to my father-in-law. He is also good at giving advice and then letting you live your own life. JP is pretty much a carbon copy of his father! It is really fun to watch them together. Joe has had many talks with me about how lucky JP and I are for finding each other and I agree. JP and I have been to St George and Fish Lake many times with Joe and Jen and had lots of fun hanging out with them.
Happy Father's Day to my brother's Joseph and Jess also. It is technically their second but the first they were expectant fathers! And to my brothers-in-law John and Nathan, Happy Father's Day.
What a privilege and blessing it is to be a parent!

No comments: