Sunday, June 27, 2010

Honey, the basement flooded......again

Saturdays are suppose to be relaxing days. You sleep in, take your time getting out of bed, wander in your pjs for awhile and then you get to doing the chores that need to be done. Unfortunately for JP last Saturday was not that!
I woke up around 6:30 to feed Abilynn. Molly was acting like she had to go potty. Sometimes I tell her to go back to bed but this morning I decided to let her out. I get to the back door and let her out and see water streaming out of a hole in the ground along with lots of water on the cement. I immediately run into the bedroom and tell JP. He bolts out of bed and asks if the basement flooded. I look back outside and the window well to the bathroom window is full of water. Yes, the basement flooded, again!
It flooded about 11 months ago. Right after I had the good ultrasound and was put on strict precautions. My brother Joseph was phoned then and came to our rescue. It was also found at about 7 at night. Since I was not pregnant this time, no one had to be phoned. The basement really never recovered from the first flood and then this one happened.
The flood was a lot worse this time! We will not be able to save the carpet pad but even worse JP is not sure the carpet itself will survive. Just what I wanted, a basement makeover when we have no money to do it!
The culprit... sprinkler pipes. I HATE sprinklers!!!!!!! I told JP if this is his way to get me motivated to look at other houses and move, it is a TERRIBLE way of doing it! This is what my basement looks like now...
The family room
The bedroom.. that window is where the water came in last flood

The bathroom, the window where the water came in this time

More of the family room


No comments: