Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sorry mac and cheese, but we have to break up.

I have a confession, I am having an affair. Don't worry, JP knows about it. In fact he doesn't complain, he benefits from it. See, when you make a box of macaroni and cheese it is enough to feed 2 people, a bowl for me and a bowl for him. The cheesy orange pasta is so good I have it sometimes twice a day! Sure, it is just a little unnerving that the cheese is a powder and a shade of orange that I am sure is not natural. And you add 4 tablespoons of butter for it to taste so good! But can it really be that bad!? Apparently yes!
At my last Ob appointment my doctor told me I had gained moderately normal weight. I just laughed and asked what that meant exactly. What I should have said was "wait, did you just call me fat?" and then started to cry. Instead of answering my question the doctor goes into a speech about weight being a sensitive subject, blah blah blah. Then he told me I had gained a pound a week, so I had gained a total of 14 pounds at the time. I just laughed again and said "so what does that mean." He told me I was on track to what my last pregnancy was. At this I told him last pregnancy I gained 32 pounds and although it is on the higher end of things if I didn't gain more then that this pregnancy I would be happy. He told me that was a good plan.
I have never been called fat by someone else before and although I say it doesn't bother me, it really does! And this is why macaroni and cheese and I have to break up! I am actually pretty sad about this. I thought about just cutting back on how many times we met a week, like from twice a day three days in a row, to once a day every other day. Because although I do LOVE that cheesy orange goodness, I am pretty sure that is the reason I have gained so much weight this early.
I am VERY sorry mac and cheese to blame this on you, but I know it is NOT my fault. And just because I can't see you doesn't mean I don't still like you! Abilynn LOVES you, if that makes you feel better. My husband, nieces and nephews also love you. So please don't cry orange tears of sadness! I will still visit you from time to time but probably only once every 2 weeks. (Maybe more often if my OB doesn't call me fat this next appointment!)

3 comments:

Cam said...

Mac and cheese has been one of my biggest cravings during this pregnancy, I don't know if I could handle the break-up. :)
Congrats on baby #2- that's so exciting. I am happy for you!
Bytheway, send me your address, I am trying to get Christmas cards (and Christmas in general) as organized as I can before this baby comes next week! I figure I won't want to deal with it all once I have a newborn.
~Camille

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

Hahahahaha! I seriously loved this post! Not to laugh at your expense or anything...because believe me, I understand how cravings go, and having to let go of one of them would not be a happy day for me. I'm sure you still look amazing though. You have a baby inside, of course you're gonna gain weight! There's two of you! :)

Do you know what you're having yet?

amberjill said...

Congrats on baby #2! :) How exciting! Oh, and if you want your mac n cheese to be better, use heavy cream instead of milk! That should help put on the pounds! :) I gain 50 #'s with every pregnancy! That's how I roll! :)