Thursday, December 1, 2011

19 months

Abilynn is technically 18.5 months but I haven't posted an update FOREVER so here you go. Abilynn is FULL of energy. She is very curious about how things work and once she figures it out she likes to show off and do it ALL the time. Like flushing the toilet, for instance. Thankfully she does not put anything in the toilet but she loves to go into the bathroom and flush the toilet anytime she can. She still calls little brother a sister but we have time to work on that.
Abilynn LOVES her dolls and will share her sippy with them. The problem with sharing a sippy is the doll also ends up getting a bath! One doll has a diaper you can take on and off. It ends up mostly off because the dolly has a "poo poo." She loves to clean. She will get a hand full of wipes and start wiping down everything. Her dolls, her slide, the coffee table, her shoes, the wall, whatever she feels like and whatever is close is cleaned. She also likes to "help" with the dishes. This mostly consists of her unloading them, or closing the dishwasher door because we are "done."
Abilynn loves fish. A visit to the aquarium is one of her favorite things to do. She points out fish in books, on blankets, anywhere she sees one she makes sure we know about it! She still likes her binky and I have now made it only available at nap time and bed time (ok, and when she is really ornery and mom has had enough whining). I take it out after I get her ready in the morning and throw it back into her crib. She knows that is where it goes and she will throw it in there herself sometimes. When she is tired she will wander the house and look for a "bink." If she knows there is one on the counter from earlier, she will try to reach it. If she can't reach it, she starts to whine or will find me and point to it. She likes to wave good by. If she is leaving a room, she will turn around and wave good by to me. She will also wave good by to the dogs when we leave the house. She will say "b-by" too.
Abilynn is still a very good eater and eats pretty much anything. I know it will not last so I am thankfull everyday it does! She enjoys going outside, and will throw a fit of you say outside and we don't go. She is obsessed with "shoos". She will point them out everywhere too. She will even bring them too you if she wants to go "otside". She talks quite a bit, some I understand and some I just nod and smile at. She is very good at pointing and grunting for something. The problem with this is when she points and there are about a dozen things in the general direction she is pointing. If the first two things are not what she wants, she starts getting upset. I explain to her if she used her words it would help. She just gives me a scrunch nose face and continues to point.
Abilynn can say shoes, dog, cat, mom, dad, fish, turtle, diaper, poo poo, cow, doll, baby, binky, blanky, outside, book, slide, whitney, tanner, grandma, grandpa, sister, brother, royal, molly, bailey and many more words I can't think of right now. At her 18 months visit she was 25 pounds and 34 inches long. She is full of energy and always on the go. She does well on long car trips and can now ride facing forward. She is still not so sure about this!
I LOVE this little girl so much and I will admit there are times I do get frustrated but she is just like her dad and you can't be mad at her for long. She will also give big hugs and kisses to make you feel better. I enjoy watching her grow and learn new things, even if the new things are not good things! I will also admit that yes I am VERY excited to have another baby but I am also a bit sad because that means Abilynn will really be a toddler and no longer baby. And yes because of my crazy hormones I have had 2 breakdowns over this, and yes I do laugh at myself because of it!
Baby girl Abilynn I do love you SO VERY much! Thank you for being so cute and putting up with your crazy mom!!

No comments: