Abilynn is 20 months old! (and one day) She has changed A LOT in the last two months. She has also learned lots of new words. She can say ouchy, booger, turkey, bum, done, sick, and so much more. She has also learned to put words together, like sit doggie, sit mom, read book and seriously mom. Apparently I say seriously a lot and Abilynn has caught onto it. It is actually pretty funny to hear her say it. She slears the s and gets this look on her face. I don't think I make a face when I say it but who knows.
Abilynn loves dolls. She is constantly wrapping them in blankets and bouncing them up and down. She will hold them and rock in the rocking chair. It is really cute to watch her play with them! While rocking in the rocking chair Abilynn will exclaim "rock and roll!" She learned this from my sister and says it a lot. She has learned to give bones. Abilynn is still stingy with kisses but she will always give bones.
We bought Abi a potty. We are not pushing it right now but she loves to sit on it. If fact she will sit on it for a long time. She gets all excited about it because she is like mommy and daddy. One of her dolls almost took a bath in the toilet because she wanted the dolly to go potty too. Luckily JP was right there and saved the doll!
Abilynn has also gotten an attitude the past couple of months. She is pushing limits more and even after being told to stop doing something multiple times she will continue to do it. She just smiles her scrunchy nose smile and continues. She climbs on the kitchen table and will sit in the middle. She is usually not looking for anything and isn't there for very long. She also likes to stand on chairs to see things higher up. She is constantly on the move! She has also started to tell mom and dad to "stop it" too. If she wants our attention she will say "mommy stop it!" And she is pretty demanding when she says it.
Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Cheney, Abi leaves our laptop alone now. Abilynn got one for Christmas and it has been SO nice. She doesn't understand exactly how to use it yet but she has sure figured out the on/off button and is constantly turning it on and off.
Abilynn still has a binky at nap time and bed time. JP wants to get rid of it by the time she is 2. I am all for it but we will have to wait to see how she takes Baby Brother arriving. I don't want to change too many things at once for her and have bad things happen. She will tell us when she wants "BINKY!!" and it usually is around nap time and bed time. She will search the house if one is not given to her. She will look on the counter, in the dishwasher (I am constantly washing them so chances are very high one is there), in her bed and in my purse or diaper bag. The girl is smart and has figured out all the places I put them. I have started putting them in the middle of the counter to keep her from finding them and having one just because she wants it. Occasionally she will walk out of a room with one. I think she hides them sometimes so she can find them later!
Abilynn has been such a blessing to us and it really is amazing to watch her learn and understand things. Whether good or bad, she learns fast! She has started to parrot what we say and the other day I was talking to JP and said sucky and the rest of the day she said that. She is so cute and makes me smile. I truley LOVE her so much!!
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment