Friday, April 3, 2009

Limo ride, dinner, and the ballet

A couple of weeks ago at a fundraiser the Utah Jazz puts on I bid on and won two tickets to the ballet and a limo ride. I also got a framed ballerina picture and some signed point shoes. The ballet was last night. Our limo picked us up around 5:45 and we headed downtown. We ate at Bambara. It was really good! I had made reservations and they asked if we were celebrating anything, I told them a birthday. So they printed up a special menu that said Happy Birthday JP on the top. JP was very excited about that and kept the menu. The ballet was Treasures of the Ballet Russes. It was three different ballets. I really enjoyed it. Ballerinas are so graceful! JP enjoyed it too. I LOVE that my husband is into the theater! As we were sitting in our seats he even mentioned going to New York and seeing some plays. Hum, how soon can I make that happen!? The limo also brought us home. It was a very fun and enjoyable date night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great time. That is cool JP likes theater, Ted can't stand it. You guys should make New York happen. Jesi, Ryan, Ted and I did that last year, and we would highly recommend it to anyone. We had the best 3 day trip. Just Do It!

jamie said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! When we were in New York, I stopped in front of a poster for The Producers and said to John "We should go to this". He agreed and bought tickets and we saw it when we got home in Salt Lake! That wasn't exactly what I meant, but oh well, it was still good. We never did see a Broadway show. Luckily, neither of us are big theater buffs, so it's not that big a deal that JOhn acts like I'm trying to neuter him when I make him go to plays.

Daphne A. Quist said...

My goodness! Happy late birthday JP and what a fun night!! that is exciting! JP you are like the perfect husband! Way to go!

Lauri said...

How fun! What a wonderful experience!

Scott and Sara said...

Sounds like a blast! Glad you guys both enjoyed your special date!