Wednesday, October 21, 2009

3 months and Cute Grandma

Today baby Dillier is 3 months old (that's 12 weeks in case you wanted to know). That means in 8 weeks baby Dillier will hopefully reveal if they are a boy or girl. I am showing but not in a good way! I am showing in that is she fat or pregnant way, ugh! I still get those moments where I am off in thought and someone says congratulations and I go, that's right I AM pregnant. Today my dad was asking how I was and how the baby was. It was a crazy day and I stopped and said that's right I am pregnant, no wonder I am starving! Even with the wonderful indigestion I am loving being pregnant. I have also started taking a maternity water aerobics class my sister-in-law told me about and I really like it.
So far I have not had any weird cravings but I did crave KFC biscuits for a couple of weeks. I drove through once and ordered 4 biscuits and that was it. The drive through guy laughed at me. What is it with me and drive through guys!? The other day funeral potatoes sounded really good, so I searched and searched at my parents house for the recipe with no luck. What, you say, no luck with the funeral potato recipe, what kind of house doesn't have the funeral potato recipe? Well turns out they did I just overlooked it in my earnestness to find it. I ended up calling my grandma for the recipe. I would have asked my mom but she was out of town. Anyways, my cute beyond belief grandma is giving me the recipe and asks if it is for me or a funeral. I tell her they are for me. She then gets really excited and says "If that baby wants funeral potatoes then I will make them for you!" I tell her it is OK and now that I have the recipe I can make them. Of course this is not acceptable to her and she insists on making me the potatoes. So I give in and she tells me she will drop them off at work the next day. Then I get a phone call about an hour later and she tells me the potatoes are ready and she can have them heated up by the time I get up to her house. This was very tempting but my stomach was shouting NO MORE FOOD! I got the potatoes the next day and yes they were as good as I thought they would be. And they have continued to be good, as I have a 9 by 13 pan of them!

3 comments:

Shauntel said...

Oh man. I feel for you. I just looked chubby until Annabelle dropped at about twenty weeks. (And boy did she drop.) So don't worry - that little Dillier will drop one of these days.

And then you'll be wondering how you ever stood up out of a couch before... :)

Congrats, congrats. Keep living it up pregnant girl. :)

Lauri said...

That was a cute story. Make sure you continue to write these things down. It is so fun to look back and remember these things 5 years down the road. I love looking through all the fun memories I wrote down while I was pregnant!

toni said...

Craving potatoes? It's a boy!