Friday, October 9, 2009

The post you have all been waiting for!

Here it is, the post you all have been waiting for....

I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!
I am ten and a half weeks along. Here is where I would post a picture of my little peanut but you are going to have to wait until I go to my parents house and scan it in! My due date is May 5th!
It has been a surreal and crazy past couple of months. For those of you who want to know the whole story keep reading. As you may or may not know JP and I ended up doing IUI. What that is is intrauterine insemination. I took those home ovulation tests and when it showed positive we called and went into the Reproductive Center the next day. JP made a deposit for them and an hour and a half later I went back and they put the little swimmers in with a catheter type thing. Very comfortable!? Then we waited two weeks.
I took a pregnancy test three days early and it said negative. I took another one the day I should have started and it was negative too. I took another one a couple of days later and nothing had change. Of course I was upset but what were our odds of it working? Well two weeks later I had still not started my period so I took another test while I was at Fish Lake with my in-laws. Guess what it said? It was a very light positive. I didn't really believe it but I took another one three days later and it was a light positive too. Everyone I work with kept telling me you cannot get a false positive, so even if it is light it is positive and I was pregnant. So I called the doctor and told them I was pregnant. I also scheduled an ultrasound. See when I was going through all those fun fertility test I was told I have some polyps on my tubes and where they are located puts me at a high risk for ectopic pregnancies. Just what I wanted to hear!? Hence why I scheduled the ultrasound. This is where the story gets weird.
I would have been six and a half weeks when I went in for the ultrasound. JP and I were very excited to see our baby. Well the lady looked and looked and took lots of pictures. Then she tells me to go empty my bladder because she wanted to do a vaginal ultrasound. I go to the bathroom and come back and the lady continues looking and taking pictures. The whole time I am watching the screen and things don't look "normal" to me. Finally the technician tells me that I was pregnant but I miscarried. This was definitely not what I wanted to hear. Thank heavens JP was able to get off work and come with me because I broke down! Even typing this now makes me tear up a little. We left and I came home and climbed right into bed and fell asleep. You know how sometimes you think I will just sleep and when I wake up it will have all been a horrible dream and things will be OK, that's what I was hoping!
My doctor wanted my body to do its own thing and pass the baby on its own. So I schedule another ultrasound for a week later to see how things were progressing. In the mean time I was not cramping but I was also not really bleeding. I was spotting lightly and that's all. A week later I went back in. JP was not able to come with me because of work, I think more he couldn't emotionally handle being there. I don't blame him! I didn't want to be there either but had too be. The lady calls me back and I explain why I am here. She starts looking and I am watching the screen and things look a lot different then they did the week before. She takes some pictures and next thing I know she turns on the heart beat and I can hear a heart beat. Again I broke down sobbing! I was shaking so bad. I kept asking the lady if that was real or not and she said that it was real and there was a baby. She then told me to empty my bladder and went and told my doctor.
After going to the bathroom she took me over to talk to my OB-GYN. He had no idea what to say. He gave me a 50/50 chance of things being OK. I KNEW things would be OK! I just felt calm and peaceful about it. He then told me that I could not work out for the next little bit and I would be visiting weekly for ultrasounds. In the mean time I was frantically trying to get a hold of JP. I called his work phone and cell phone multiple times. He finally called me back as I was driving home. I told him that there was a heartbeat and a baby. I broke down crying again, as did JP. Later JP told me he was on a job working on a safe and when he started crying the lady working at the gas station was all confused. I did not let JP tell anyone until we had two good ultrasounds. So after my ultrasound the next week I called him and said you can tell people now. He proceeded to call everyone in his phone, including my brother. I am very excited but JP is ecstatic! I went in for my ten week visit on Wednesday and the baby was going nuts. They were flinging their arms and kicking their legs. The doctor said "You have a very active baby." To which later my dad said "Did you expect anything else?"
Thank you every one for your positive thought and prayers!

11 comments:

jamie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I was so confused when we heard that there was no baby because I'd been led to believe with all 3 of my pregnancies that they couldn't even see a heartbeat via ultrasound (vaginal or otherwise) until 9 weeks, which is why after my first miscarraige I STILL had to wait until 10 weeks to confirm the second preganacy via ultrasound.

Anyhow, YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. Having had a miscarraige, man or man did I feel your pain, but SO HAPPY this had a happy ending. SO HAPPY!!!!

I'm thinking of you, JP, the pups and lil JP/Steph every day. Stay healthy! oh and Max was bouncing around waving his little paddle legs and feet at 10 weeks and pretty much kicked and rolled and pounded my organs nonstop for the next 7 months, so, uh, good luck :) (actually, that part's pretty awesome. Painful, but awesome)

Shauntel said...

I can't get enough of this story. I think about it all the time, so I'm so glad you wrote it down. So amazing, so beautiful. I get goosebumps every time.

And by the way, I had "light positives" as well. Two of them. And those "light" positives turned into one huge stomach, so get ready! :) (Not really. Pretty sure you won't get even close to my size. :) )

Again, our biggest congratulations to you and JP. We're so excited to meet another Baby Cheney, and we're praying for all of you.

P.S. Annabelle has put in a request for a baby girl cousin. Just thought you should know. ;)

sugarpierdh said...

Yay!! Steph, Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. I wish you the very best.

Candi

Scott and Sara said...

I can't wait to see the ultrasound pictures!! You are going to love being pregnant. I am excited to see that belly grow : )

Lauri said...

Wow! That is so amazing and it gives me a little hope! I am so so excited for you and JP. I am sorry you had to go through that horrible experience but so thrilled that it all worked out. Take good care of yourself!

Cam said...

I read your post and now I'm crying, but I'm glad things worked out. I am SO excited for you. You and JP will make great parents. You are in my thoughts and I hope that things will go smoothly with your pregnancy and that baby Cheney will get here safe and sound.
Let's get together and catch up soon, I need to see you and Amanda,it's been awhile!
Camille

Rachel said...

YEA!! Congrats Steph and J.P. We're so excited for you!

Ty and Ash Sorensen said...

Congrats steph!!! This is so exciting:) we love you guys and cant wait to meet your little baby!

Drew, Emms, Mcky, and Hara said...

WHOOHOOOO!! I am so fricken excited for you, you are going to make such a cute lil mommy! Congrats JP, that baby is going to be so cute! Love ya

Rommel and Christy said...

YEAH!!! Congrats Steph! You deserve this...live it up and enjoy every moment of your pregnancy!

Laur said...

we prayed and prayed for you two. we love you so much and no one in the world deserves this more than you. Love you sis.