Thursday, November 19, 2009

16 weeks and 1 day



I am four months! Above is what my belly looks like. Now remember, this picture was taken about eight at night so included with this picture is the lovely food baby you get after eating! There are a couple of things I have learned in my four months and they are.....
*Eating half a bag of funyuns before bed IS NOT a good idea! You will wake-up the next day with a stomach ache that will last all day and all the next night!
*Eating a bag of microwave popcorn, however, is a good idea. And you can even share with your husband if you feel like it.
*Over eating IS NOT GOOD! It will only cause you to have a belly ache for hours while your stomach very slowly digests. Eating smaller meals more often really is the way to go.
*Sometimes no matter what you eat you will feel nauseous!
*Going to the grocery store will be a new experience! You will either LOVE all the smells or only get half of your grocery list because it stinks so bad! FYI- Stay away from the meat section as this only causes me to gag!
*TUMS Smoothies actually taste good! They even have cocoa and cream ones. And if you really can't stand them, they make extra strength ones so you can eat less. (That is in theory, you will have to eat less, but it is not always the case!)
*Heartburn can be triggered by ANYTHING! (Mexican is a BIG trigger!)
*They really do make cute prego clothes. You just have to search a little more.
*Wearing your "regular" jeans may not always be an option, even if you do use a rubber band. See you hips and thighs are going to get bigger making it difficult to get those pants up and even with a rubber band you won't be able to move or breath!
*Wearing your "regular" jeans buttoned up is also NOT GOOD! This will just put more pressure on your bladder and you will have to pee even more often!
*When getting up in the middle of the night, if you have dogs REFRAIN from letting them outside, no matter how bad it looks like they have to pee. This will only result in you talking as loudly as you dare at 2 in the morning and telling your puppy she is in big trouble if she does not come inside right now. Then after telling her this for about 5 minutes, while she sits and stares at you, you will have to find shoes and put on a robe and chase after her. She will then run inside and immediately hide under the bed where you cannot reach her. Make sure at this point you wake your husband and tell him how naughty his puppy is! (For the record, I would have left her outside but it was when it was really cold and there was snow on the ground and I was worried she would freeze. Little brat!)
*Keep treats in your purse! I already did this but sometimes I don't have my purse on me, in which case...
*Keep treats in your car! Fruit snacks, pretzels, anything you can hurry and eat.
*If you get busted in the bathroom on fast Sunday eating by one of the young women in your ward simply tell them to NOT use you as an example and keep eating! (BTW- My mom said the stage is a good place to hide and eat as well as the nursing room, if your ward building has one.)
I can't think of anymore things right off hand so there you go!






7 comments:

Shauntel said...

Oh, the heartburn! KFC almost killed me when I was pregnant. I had to sleep sitting up for two nights! :)

Love your cute baby bump. So excited to see that cute little bump!

Shboogoo's Mommy said...

So true! I was kind of frustrated that I would get so hungry but couldn't eat a lot because I'd get full quickly. The part about letting your dog out in the middle of the night was so funny. During church, like between meetings, I would sometimes go outside to eat. But if anyone sees you wherever you are, you can tell them women who are pregnant or nursing should not fast because their body has to provide for the baby!

Rommel and Christy said...

Oh I can so relate with the eating on fast Sunday at church! I would take all kinds of snacks in my scripture bag...BTW your belly is DARLING!

nathanchips said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DillChips said...

You are more considerate than I am, I just brought snacks and ate them with out hiding. Luckily now we teach nursery and I snack with the kiddos.

Scott and Sara said...

Cute tummy! I need to see it in person :)

Anonymous said...

STEPH!!!! you didnt tell me you were pregnant! COngrats! I am so excited for you! ps i dont blog anymore, but if you are on facebook, my name is maxnbex romney:)