Hope everyone is having a wonderful Cinco de Mayo! My little girl is having a fiesta in my belly! She has been moving a lot today. I think it is because she knows today is her due date and she wanted to let me know sorry mom but I am not coming yet. That's OK, I guess. Really when it comes down to it I don't have a choice. You enjoy it in my nice warm water bed belly baby girl because a moving date has been set. My nephew Tymon has had numerous conversations with her, and even after those she still wants to stay where she is. We ask him all the time when she is coming and he just smiles. When I hold him, I sit him on top of my belly and sometimes he kicks and kicks. He is excited to see his cousin (even though he will be out numbered 2 girls to one boy).
Baby girl has dropped a little, at least that is what everyone says. The other night JP mentioned that I had ribs again, so she must have moved. Actually I feel she has but I still don't think she has moved enough. My doctor appointment is tomorrow, it will be my last one. It is weird to think it is my last one. What is really weird to think is in one week, give or take a day or two, I will be holding my baby girl in my arms. I have housed this tiny little girl for nine months and she will be here. Everyone tells me to enjoy the last days of her in my belly because I will miss it after. I am sure I will miss feeling her move and her hiccups, which she gets about twice a day but I am very excited to see baby girl. I think JP is more excited, I also think reality is setting in and he is getting a little scared. We will now be in charge of taking care of another human being. She is very different then a turtle or fish! I am ready though, it is actually one of those ready or not here she comes type of deals. All her clothes are washed and put away, the crib is set up and made, the bassinet will move up to our room tonight, blankets are washed, the car seat is installed (this was the easiest thing to do!), I have a pediatrician and my bag is packed for the hospital, I am ready bring on baby girl!!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Steph you just made me cry! I remember back before Grant was born, being so excited and nervous at the same time, anticipating this new adventure. It also makes me realize that in a few short months I will be preparing a crib and packing for the hospital. I think when you had a long hard road before even conceiving it only makes it that much more special when that little miracle finally gets here. You and JP will never know just how incredibly happy I am for the two of you. You will both make the most amazing parents! I love you both! And I hope everything goes just as smooth as possible!
Porter never dropped, but was WAY more active the day before he came than he EVER was. Maybe that's your sign. She's scratching at the exit and want's out. Dropping even a little is a good sign. You won't be pregnant forever, and It's so neat if you start on your own, kinda like she's choosing her own birthday! I thnk she's getting some last-minute instructions, and God's not quite ready to let her go yet. She's just getting extra kisses and hugs from him. Let her enjoy them!
Oh I am so excited for you Steph! Alexa will be turning one tomorrow and I have been reminising alot about her birthday (and the days leading up to it). I am happy and sad...but I am SO excited for you to feel these feelings that I have! Nothing beats them!
Post a Comment