Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Monday Night Bowling

Yes, I know it is Wednesday so I am a day late posting this but I got busy last night (and not in the way you are thinking). Monday night was OK. I did really well the first game, 147. Then the next two I crapped it up. I got 89 both games. Now it is normal for me to get eighty something but two scores of eighty something is not going to cut it. The problem is I bowl for fun. I am VERY competitive but am not serious enough to actually understand the game of bowling. You could say I got cocky and well when that happens you get humbled! Oh well, I did have a lot of fun! Jamie was sick so JP called our friend Tyler to sub. Tyler is a serious bowler, he has his own shoes and ball! He is also a very good bowler. If I remember correctly he got a 195 the first game. The next game was around 145 and the last was 153. (I think those numbers are correct. I am sure Tyler will let me know if they are not!) He and JP were having a competition among themselves to see who did better. Tyler won.
I also participated in the strike it rich. You get four tickets for a dollar. (Yes I gambled, can you believe it?) For every ten dollars in the pot JP puts one. The pot on Monday was 42 dollars. He had me put in five more. The first ticket was chosen and a strike was not thrown. The second number was chosen and it was mine. I hit eight pins. So I didn't win. I think I did so bad the last game because I was so nervous about strike it rich. If they choose your number everyone watches you try to throw a strike. I was freaking out about it.
Well there is your weekly update. Happy bowling everyone!!

No comments: