Tuesday, March 17, 2009

On the Road Again

JP and I headed down to St George again this weekend. We went with John, Alex, Joe, Jen, and of course the dogs. John, Alex, JP and I left LATE Friday night after dinner at Heidi and Mikes. We arrived around one in the morning. The ride down was pretty uneventful except for me freaking out about the car that was overheating right in front of us that we were going to hit. Jamie before you comment left me explain. On the drive down I was in and out of sleep. On one of the times I kind of woke up, I thought there was a car in front of us overheating and we were going to hit it. So I scream JP watch out and reach for the wheel but did not grab it. JP of course starts yelling back what. Then John, who was asleep in the back, starts asking what. I explain what I thought I saw and JP explains to me there is nothing. Sorry John for interrupting your sleep, and in such an abrupt way too! At least Alex slept through the whole thing!
Saturday we went and watched JP's cousin Adam compete in a RC car rock climbing thing. If you understood that sentence you must be a red neck!! I got a nice burn and Jen and I got to rock climb in flip flops. We didn't know the rock climbing part until we arrived. We did well though and no one was hurt. Adam also did really well in the competition. Alex actually enjoyed the rock climbing but really wanted to play with a green truck because that is his favorite color. Grandma Jen must have know this because she had a green monster truck at the condo. After the RC rock climbing thing the boys went golfing and the girls went shopping. More like wandering. We went to Big Lots, Target, Petco, and Home Depot. We also went to Harmons to pick some things up for dinner. That night Charlie, Joyce and Adam (JP's uncle, aunt and cousin) came over and we had some really good lamb chops, green beans, salad, corn bread and brownies. Oh and a really good cheese ball Jen mom made! After they left I headed to bed and everyone else watched tv for awhile.
Sunday we slept in. As we were getting ready in the morning Bailey decided to throw up. I failed to mention he had eaten a crayon Alex dropped the day before. Apparently not just kids like to eat crayons, dogs do too! Only dogs throw them up and kids poop them out!! JP got in the shower and left me to clean up the throw up. It is a good thing I like Bailey so much! And how can you get mad at someone who is sick and has the biggest sad and sorry eyes like Bailey. I love my puppy dogs! The boys went golfing and the girls went to breakfast. After a yummy breakfast we went shopping. After wondering Old Navy, Target and the Dollar Store we headed back to the condo to clean up. John and Alex returned around three. John wanted to watch the presentation at four about who was going on in the college basketball tournament. I went and got us In and Out. While John watched tv Alex and I played outside. The weather was so nice! Alex dropped his toy in the kennel so I sent him in after it. He then wanted me to lock him in. So I did. He then played in the kennel for almost 15 minutes, and LOVED it. Joe and JP got home around five. So we packed up my Rav and we headed home.
I enjoy these trips to St. George so much more now because I can actually relax! I can wonder stores for hours and not worry about studying and school. I know what it is like to relax now and I love it!

No comments: