Since getting pregnant, baby and I have been a having hard time finding that something to eat for dinner that doesn't make us have indigestion all night. I am NOT complaining, just stating a fact. Even if I eat early I will lay down to sleep and here comes the belly ache. The other night I was laying in bed rubbing my belly and said "Oh baby, you need to stop beating me up." JP turns to me and says totally serious "Don't blame it on baby. They didn't do anything."
Technically baby is too small to have done much but, it is because of them that it takes me like 12 million hours to digest instead of the normal 6 hours (or how ever long it is). My body is taking every last nutrient it can from everything I eat (even if it was not nutritious, like a doughnut which tasted really good!). Now I have not, knock on wood, thrown up, so if I just get a belly ache every night and have to live on TUMS them I am fine with that! (Even if TUMS do taste rancid, they work really well.)
Friday, October 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you need to get the tropical smoothie tums. they don't exactly taste like a smoothie, but they are tolerable!
Agreed, get the Tropical Tums. The banana ones are like candy. It's possible that I consumed them like candy. (Totally ignored the label. Ate them non stop.)
And I had ridiculous stomach grossness (some throwing up) and heartburn for the first trimester. Then it vanished. Hopefully it will for you too.
Of course, then the third trimester rolled along and my insides were so squished that I could no longer digest anything. :)
P.S. Just wait until baby really starts beating you up. Those kicks are the best. And I miss them. :)
I have to give another shout out to tropical tums. A pregnant girl's best friend! I actually ate so many of them John accused me of being addicted, and started rationing them out to me according to the dosage allowance on the bottle (this did not go well. Many a fight was had about it) If you're still not throwing up, you probably won't. I was always sick from 6 weeks through 6 months. Most people stop getting sick by the second trimester. Sounds like you're a lucky one :) Sadly, the indigestion, it just gets worse as the baby grows, so, if you don't like the tums yet, you'll learn to.
Tums never worked as well for me as half a crisp apple before bed.. weird huh.
Post a Comment