Friday, July 30, 2010

I just wanted to go to the book store

The other day I was running errands. I was going to stop at Target and the bookstore. I was in and out of Target in a half hour. That has to be some kind of record for me! I only needed a humidifier, diapers, and baby Tylenol, most of which was in the pharmacy area. As I was checking out Abi pooped. I was going to just put her in the car and go home to change her but the bookstore was right there and I really wanted to go. So instead of going home, I went to the bookstore. This was a new mom mistake!
I took Abi out of her car seat and carried her in (mistake #1). I went straight to the bathroom to change her and she had blown out everywhere! For the next 15 minutes I am literally bathing my child in baby wipes. I was lucky and had an extra outfit in the diaper bag. So I get Abilynn put back together and we head off to look at books (mistake #2).
Abi starts fussing a little. I get her calmed down and realize she is tired and doesn't want to fall asleep. See, if I had left her in her car seat she could have just fallen asleep but since I was holding her she didn't want too. I find some books and head to checkout. As I am walking to the checkout Abi is crying. I am trying to calm her. She finally takes her binky. I get in line to check out and Abilynn starts screaming. There were two other people in front of me, so instead of waiting I put my books down and left. I get to the car and put Abilynn back in her car seat and immediately she falls asleep! Little booger! Yes, I was tempted to go back in to the bookstore but instead I headed home. Next time I want to go to the bookstore, I will wait until JP can watch Abi!!

No comments: