To celebrate her one year birthday, Abilynn decided to break her arm! Actually she broke it a couple of days before but sported a splint the day of the party. We have no idea how she broke it. I know what most of you are thinking, you have no idea how she broke it!? But yes, we have no idea. If you spend 10 minutes with her though it won't surprise you it happened. This little girl is fearless and climbs on EVERYTHING.
JP noticed some bruising on her wrist and a little down her arm and told me he thought it was broken. This was the day before Abilynn's birthday and I was making 3 dozen cupcakes for the party. I had also spend the past couple of days home with her and although I was busy with the party planning and preparations, I hadn't noticed her acting any different. Abilynn still used both hands to eat and pick up toys and she didn't get upset when I got her dressed. JP was still worried and wanted to take her to Insta-Care. So I told him to go but said it wasn't broken. (I know I should be mother of the year!) A couple of hours later I have not heard from JP and start to worry. I had tried calling his cell phone but no answer. Finally JP called me and told me that Abilynn's arm was broken and the doctor said it broke 3-5 days ago. (I REALLY should get mother of the year!?) They put her in a splint and because we were going into the pediatrician the next week for Abi's one year, they told us to get a cast put on there.
The pediatrician ended up not putting a cast on and left her in the splint. Abilynn wore the splint for about three weeks. You would think that the splint would have slowed Abilynn down, but I think it had the opposite effect, I think she would go faster and be crazier with it! I tried to put the sling on for two days but Abi learned to pull her arm out of the sling, it would only slow her down. The nice thing about a splint verses a cast is we could take it off to bathe Abi. I would have preferred a cast due to the craziness of my child! I am sure Abilynn will have more broken bones, but lets just hope the next one is not for a VERY, VERY long time!!
Friday, July 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, man! I'm sorry.
Post a Comment