Friday, July 29, 2011

24th of July Extravaganza Weekend

Happy Birthday Utah! A little late I know but I am not known for my on timeness! (and yes I just made up a word all you English teachers out there!) Since the 24th was a Sunday, it meant we got an extra day to celebrate!
To start an early weekend Abilynn and I went to the float preview at the Southtown Expo Center on Thursday. If you have never been to this before, you are missing out! You can get up close to the floats and walk around them, take tons of pictures and enjoy the company of TONS of other people. (that last part was not so fun but we survived unharmed and didn't run anyone over with the stroller, although I was VERY tempted to!) You could also vote on your favorite float. My favorite float was the one with all the little houses on it. (picture to be added later)
Friday Abilynn and I rode TRAX downtown with Jamie and Tymon. We ate and shopped at Gateway and then let the kids play in the fountain. Abilynn slipped and split her bottom lip open. She is a crazy kid and sometimes I wonder if I am going to survive all of her injuries!

Friday night my brother and his friends came and slept over. Sometimes I wonder if JP slips something into my drink and that if why I agree to CRAZY things like letting four 16 year olds sleepover at my house! Or it could be that I am a very nice wife, or that I am building ammunition and will bring this up at a later time when I really want to do something and JP is hesitant to let me; like going snow skiing this year or when I buy too many new clothes for Abilynn or want a really nice dinner, minus Abilynn (who is incredibly beyond belief cute and I love so much but to eat one dinner without her would be nice one day)
Saturday the boys woke up and drove to Wyoming for fireworks. Again, why do I let my husband do these things!? That night they set some of the fireworks off and they had some really neat ones.
Sunday night we went over to my brother Jeremy's and he put on one of the best fireworks shows I saw this year. His kitchen table was full of fireworks and the show lasted for about a half hour.
Monday morning JP, Abilynn, and I went to the parade downtown with some of my family and JP's sister. We got lucky, and it was overcast for almost the whole parade. Which means you can still get sunburned, but you don't have to worry about sunglasses and having the sun beat down on you. We came home after the parade and JP enjoyed a nap while I ran around with Abilynn. I don't think it was fair for JP to get a nap because he willingly stayed up late playing video games but I let him anyways. That afternoon we went to Butlerville Days. They have a parade too but not until the afternoon. They also throw out lots of candy! After the parade we ate lunch at my parents and headed over to the fair. We enjoyed funnel cake, fry bread tacos and free watermelon. They had lots of blow up slides and bounce houses that Abilynn enjoyed. They also had a car show that JP enjoyed. It started raining on us and I was determined to see the fireworks, and also thought the rain would blow over quickly so we stayed. 45 minutes later, and wet, I decided I was done. We got lucky though because they let the fireworks off early so we didn't miss them. And it wasn't raining on us while we watched the fireworks! And I had put some of the blankets under the wagon so they were dry to sit on. Sometimes I am pretty smart!
It was a very fun and exhausting weekend!

No comments: