Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cedar City/Shakespeare Festival

JP, Abilynn and I all headed down to Cedar City last weekend for the Shakespeare Festival. JP grew up in Cedar City and was very excited to go! My family was there too, which was very nice to have babysitters!
We left later Thursday night and arrived around 11:30. Everyone but my brother was at a play, so our room key was left with him. Well, he fell asleep and was out! So we went to the front desk and got a new key made. The next morning I took 4 keys to the front desk to get re-keyed. The receptionist commented that we had a lot of keys. Yes, I said, we did but we would have only had three if my brother hadn't fallen asleep on us.
The hotel we stayed at had a pretty nice continental breakfast with bananas, plums, nectarines, apples, eggs, 2 kinds of waffles, 6 kinds of cereal, bagels, muffins, yogurt. It was nice to have so many options and so many options that Abilynn could eat!
JP and I didn't have a matinee on Friday so we took Abilynn over to this fair after lunch. Abi LOVED the fair. They had games for the kids to play and games she could even play. They also let her in the bounce house and JP was able to go in too to "watch" her. They had camels you could ride, so Abilynn and JP rode the camel. Then JP tried shooting a bow and arrow. It was $1 for 6 arrows and they gave you instructions on how to shoot. JP hit the target with three of the arrows and almost got a bulls eye. That night I went and saw Music Man with my brother Joseph and his wife Jamie and JP saw Romeo and Juliet. Joseph would serenade his wife with the songs immediately after they were finished singing them, so I got to hear most the songs twice! The lady next to Joseph was not to impressed with that!
Saturday we ate breakfast and then headed over to the SUU campus to check out some of the exhibits. It is the Shakespeare Festival's 50th Anniversary so they had a lot of different things to see. They even had a first edition of one of Shakespeare's plays on display. After picking up some fudge and entertaining the kids with ring-a-round the rosies and duck-duck-goose, we headed to lunch before the play. We went to the Pastry Pub and it was VERY GOOD!!! After lunch JP and I went and saw Noises Off, while my sisters Whitney, Courtney and sister-in-law Jamie watched Abilynn. After the play we hung out at the hotel for awhile and finally decided on a place to eat. We ate at this ma and pa steak place and I really liked. If it is still there next time I go, I will visit again. That night we saw Midsummer's Night Dream.
Sunday we slept in, some more then others (JP more then me) and headed home. I was a VERY nice wife and let JP and my brother Tanner play video games in our room and I slept in my sister's room two nights. I did leave them with Abilynn though, I am not THAT nice!!
All in all it was a great trip! I am thinking JP and I may even visit later this summer/fall and just visit all his old stomping grounds.

No comments: