Tuesday, November 11, 2008

6 unspectacular quirks/ True confessions

My friend tagged me about a week ago and so here you go. The tag is 6 unspectacular quirks about yourself. Although I will try to think of things I am sure some of you will think of ones I forgot! Here goes...
1. I secretly really don't mind all the dog hair in my house. That's right, I don't care that there are hair balls all over the place. I love my dogs and part of loving them is loving the messes they make! (The throw up messes and poo messes I DO mind because they stink up the house and they are cleaned up immediately.) Although loving the hair balls just adds to my reasons I am lazy but I don't care! (OK sometimes I really do care like if my visiting teachers are coming over, or if friends are coming over but if it is just me, JP and the dogs, the hair balls just stay put.)
2. I can get very ornery if hungry or tired. This one is very unspectacular, especially if you happen to be around me when hunger strikes! I have gotten better though and am learning to control my attitude. I also keep a 5 minute food kit in my purse for if an emergency arises! That 5 minute food kit may consist of a miniature Luna bar, PEZ, Werther's and sweat tarts but, in an emergency it can save others lives!
3. I am NOT good at hiding my emotions. My husband and father-in-law are very good at noticing if I am trying to hide them. You know the saying "airing out the dirty laundry?" Well I am very good at doing that. I don't like to pretend I am in a good mood if I am not. If I am upset, then I am going to be upset. Again I am working on this one but it is going to take A LOT of self control to pretend I am happy when I am not. Maybe I should just learn not to get upset over small and stupid things. That would help a lot!
4. I have collected all the state coins. Well almost all of them, I am still missing two. I am not a real avid coin collector but the state coins have been fun to collect. My Grandma gave me a map to put the coins in when I got them. I realize that once I have all 50 states that is $12.50 and that money could be used for something else but then what would I do with the map?
5. I do not shower everyday. I know, YUCK is what you are thinking. I DO shower after work. That would be really gross if I didn't! It is Fridays or Saturdays that I usually don't shower. If I notice that I stink I shower otherwise I just change my underwear and get dressed.
6. I am a very insecure person even though I play a secure person in real life. I am always second guessing myself. I plan for the what if or could be before I even know the results of the right now. I am a worst case scenario person. I think of the worst and then plan for that. I try to be one step ahead which usually just causes me more stress. Do you know how many what ifs or could bes are out there?

So there you go. I hope that I do not make some of you not want to hang out with me anymore with the things I have written. I feel like this post needs to be called true confessions! For those of you who are willing to admit some of your unspectacular quirks try it out. I am pretty confident none of yours are worse then my not showering everyday!?

4 comments:

amberjill said...

i'm with you on the not showering every day! :)

jamie said...

I might steal this meme even though I wasn't officially tagged. I'm running out of NaBloPoMo material!


Oh, and I'm actually very surprised at #6. You hide it well.

DillChips said...

Funny thing, I told Heidi that I don't shower everyday because it is better for my hair and she agreed but said that she at least washes her body, but I don't and I have a few times gone three days and just wear a hat and sometimes it really is not for my hair. Hey what's perfume for?

mrsjwd9 said...

I usually end up showering sometime in the afternoon if I don't have anything scheduled. I enjoy a no shower day every once in a while! I have to wash my thin/fine hair if I am going out in public or a hat works! Perfume was invented originally to cover up body odor.

We love you quirks and ALL because they aren't that bad! And I have the not eating in time prob too!