Saturday, November 15, 2008
Budget
This too is a swear word. It only causes discomfort and panic. I put myself on a budget a couple of months ago. The problem with it is it was self induced. Meaning if I spent more, oh well!? JP and I have always had our money separate. Some people disagree with this but, for us it works. As long as bills can be payed I don't care what he buys and visa versa. I low balled my budget with all intents of not over spending. Well the problem was I always had money. So if I spent more then I should it was no problem. This creates problems too because I buy things I really don't need. I purchase my wants. And why shouldn't I, right? Wrong!! My house if full of not needed purchased wants. Then I can't figure where to put them and they are returned or stored away. One day I will figure out this budget thing, but until then I am going to try tracking my purchases more closely. This way I will know for sure how much I spend every month on wants. This could be very scary!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Use a cash budget, as in, withdraw cash, put away your debit/credit cards and use just what you have in your wallet. This is the only way I can even ALMOST stick to a budget.
John and I have our finances together, of course, since I don't make money, but ever since we started living together 7 years ago, even when I was making more money than him, even before we married. People thought I was crazy since I had no bills and he was maxed out on his credit cards. With finances, you ahve to do what works for you, whether it be together or separate. Who cares what anyone else thinks!
Oh, totally hear you on the budget thing. Jess is super good at this (as I'm sure you know). Try spreadsheeting it. It's a bit tedious at first, but if you record every single purchase you make, you suddenly become aware of where all the money's going. (Um, hi Target? Always gets me!)
I've also done the "cash only" thing like Jamie. If you take away your credit/debit cards and only use cash, again, you suddenly become super aware of what you're spending because cash is much harder to hand to the Target cashier than the plastic. :)
Money stresses me out! You are not alone girlie! :)
Craigs List Craigs List Craigs List. Sell items you don't want any more and save the cash from them for items you want now....and never spend but the money you already have spent. Also I am sure you could even make a profit on some things since you are a bargain shopper.
Post a Comment