Thursday, November 6, 2008

What's for dinner?


That would be SPAM, pineapple and rice. Yup, I said SPAM. You see I found out that JP liked SPAM and so for Christmas last year I got him some for his stocking. Well he forgot about it and it got buried in our cupboard behind things we actually used (the wonderful/gross thing about SPAM is it would have been very happy sitting in the cupboard until Sept. 2010 because it didn't expire until then!?! I am not sure if I should be really grossed out or if I should stock up on more for my food storage!?). One of the girls in my hygiene class said that SPAM with pineapple over rice was really good. I bought a can of pineapple awhile ago and like the SPAM it just kept getting pushed back. Last night though they both came out. I gave JP the option of chicken corn chowder or SPAM with pineapple. I knew JP would say SPAM and actually he was really excited. I have never tried SPAM before so I was a little scared to say the least. The can said you could cook it like ham and brown both sides. So I sliced it and cooked it. Then I made some minute rice and mixed the pineapple with everything. All things considered it was not too bad. SPAM is not going to be a staple food in my house anytime soon but I will purchase more cans for a easy dinner again. The funny thing is as I was cooking the SPAM JP asked me why I had purchased it. I told him it was in his stocking last year at Christmas. "It was?" He said. See what I get for putting something other then a toy or candy in his stocking, he doesn't even remember!

5 comments:

mrsjwd9 said...

Oh, those Dillier boys love Spam. Joe loves just plain old Spam and beans. Every time I open a can, it smells like dog food, barf.
When we go to Hawaii next time we will get you a Spamusabi (a Hawaiian rice/ seaweed “sushi” roll). They sell them at almost every gas station.

Scott and Sara said...

Good for you for cooking Stephani!!But gross about the SPAM. Gives me the shivers!

jamie said...

John came home from Fish Lake with Joe a couple of weeks ago raving about Spam and Easy Mac. Never. Not in my kitchen. Not in my house. If John wants Spam he can cook it (and eat it) outside. YUCK!

Laur said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic of you and JP behind the pumpkins. How cute is that?
I feel like we haven't seen each other in like a year. Are we still best buds even tho we haven't seen each other, um yes I think so.
What if we tried to go to dinner this coming week?????

DillChips said...

Well this post got me looking on what spam is. Does it say on the can? Because their site yes it exists (spam.com) does not let you in on anything.
I personally think if you can eat a hot dog that is not an all beef or turkey dog then spam is just the same if not better.
Eat your spam with my brother girl!! Spam it up I say...well not all the time but like you said.