You know those moments in your life where things are put into perspective? Where you hear about someone and what they are going through and think "I am so blessed." I had one of those moments yesterday. I found out that one of my cousins, who is my age, married and they just had their second child, has a brain tumor. It is the size of a baseball and located right next to his optic nerve. I guess he has had headaches and vision problems for awhile and they did an MRI and found the tumor. It is moments like this where I realize I freak out over the smallest things! I spend too much time stressing about the small things. At these moments I am also VERY thankful for the gospel. That families can be together forever and Heavenly Father will help us. Whether that help is peace, or physical help, He is there.
So here is my plea, don't what for those moments of gratitude to happen, make them happen! Take time everyday to 'stop and smell the roses' if you would. It doesn't have to take long and you only have to think of one thing you are grateful for, but the trick is to think of something different everyday. It will help you realize what is important. (OK I am off my soap box now but you understand right!?)
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree, it is like how Thanksgiving should really be every day, minus the food...well or not I could have me some turkey right now.
That is the main theme of my life. Appreciate everything and everyone and make the most out of the time I have. I think it's easier to live that way when you DON'T have religion, because if you're already living the only life you're going to get, you're not about to take it for granted.
I still cant believe they are going through that! But you are so right.. I for sure take life for granted sometimes!! and it just takes something like this to make me realize whats reall important! Love ya steph:)
Post a Comment