Friday, March 9, 2012

4 week stats

My blood pressure was higher this visit then it has been before. Not surprising because I had had a rough morning trying to convince an almost 2 year old why she can and can't do certain things. (why she can't use her step stool to get things off the counter, why she has to eat breakfast, why we have to wear clothes, why feeding the dog crayons is NOT ok, why drawing on yourself with pen is not ok and that was just the first hour of the day!)
I have only gained 26 pounds. Which means unless I gain 6 pounds in the new couple of weeks, I will have gained less weight with this baby! As far as being dilated, I am a big ZERO. My doctor had pre-warned me not to expect anything this early but I was still hopefull! Baby Boy is NOT engaged AT ALL. In fact he is still very high up, swimming around. Although my doctor was trying to be optimistic about things, he was also truthful and honest, which is what I want. He is just concerned with everything I went through with Abilynn, he doesn't want that same thing to happen this time. Next week he will do an ultrasound and check to see where Baby Boy is. I can actually answer that, Baby Boy is in my stomach and ribs and then he will turn somersaults for awhile, he will kick on the left and head but on the right, he will then lay on my bladder for awhile and then turn more somersaults.
I had been preparing myself for this news, but deep down thought just maybe this time would be different. I actually started crying when my doctor told me what he did. He then asked me if I wanted anymore kids. Let's see, I am 36 weeks pregnant with my second, I can't sleep at night because I am peeing every 2-3 hours, I get heartburn from EVERYTHING, and I am going to have to go through major surgery to get this little boy here. (OK it may not all be my babies fault they can't drop down and engage, it is most likely my bodies fault because I am not shaped right down there. Who knew!?) Um, I have no idea if I am going to have more or not and right now is not the time to decide!
There is a positive to this though, we can choose Baby Boy's birthday. I realize it is kind of cheating but when you don't have any other options what do you do. It will also be nice to know when we are going in so we can arrange for a sitter for Abilynn. Also recovery is suppose to be WAY better after a c-section if you did not labor before. The most important thing is to get Baby Brother here happy and healthy! (and hey, maybe a couple of days in the hospital recovering will be good?!?) Things may change, but I am not going to get my hopes up too high.
I appreciate that my doctor is willing to plan a c-section date for a week over my due date. As things get closer that date could change, and it probably will, but he realizes I don't want to stop any chances of having a VBAC if possible. If I do have a cesarean this time, the good thing is I know what I am getting into and I have done a lot of research and reading on cesareans so I won't be as scared this time. (or that is what I am trying to convince myself of!!)

No comments: