We are nearing the end here, 17 days until my due date. My visit to the doctor this week was really informative. In fact, we figured out that Baby Brother is breech. Yup, this little guy wants to come out bum first. Stubborn from the beginning just like his older sister! With this new development, JP and I schedule a cesarean. Baby Brother could still turn and engage but my doctor is worried that if he did and I went into labor I very likely would end up an emergency cesarean again, something I want to avoid!!
I did get to see Baby Boy in an ultrasound picture and that was fun. He was facing my back so we saw the back of his head. When my doctor first started to see how Baby Boy was positioned, he saw nothing. So my doctor then moved the monitor around and we saw the heart and feet and then the head. Baby Brother's feet were on my right side and his head on the left. His heart was beating strong and he even moved his hand a little. Probably telling us to leave him alone because he was sleeping!
I am schedule to go in pretty early in the morning the day we schedule the cesarean. When the nurse told us the time JP looked at her and said "In the morning?" To which my nurse responded "Yes. You actually have to check in earlier. But your wife can't eat before so it is better for her." JP didn't say anything after that. He will actually get a nap that day, I probably won't.
Baby Boy will still be handed over to the NICU nurses just as a precaution but after everything checks out well, JP will be able to hold him while I get sewn up. Although you have to stay in the hospital longer with staples verses stitches, the thought that the stitches could pock out and I could feel them makes me sick to my stomach! We will have to arrange for sitters for Abilynn but I am not so worried about that because I have the best family and extended family who are always willing to help when needed. I am truly lucky that they are willing to watch Abilynn, even though she is a handful and crazy at times!
So we just wait now. I wish I could say we just sit back and relax but we are listing our house right before Baby Boy is due (because yes, I am really crazy!) and I am busy packing everything up. The nice thing about being almost 9 months pregnant means I can't carry the boxes. I just pack them and then leave them for JP to move! Not a bad idea, except that even packing them makes me pretty tired and I have a very cute little girl who helps me unpack everything if I don't get the box taped up quick enough!
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment