Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Last Day

Today was my last day of work before maternity leave. My last patient was informed that they were my last patient until I had my baby. They got a concerned looked on their face and said "right now?" No, I am not having the baby right now in a dentist office. I am having the baby next week at a hospital but thanks for the concern.
I was originally going to take this week off but then decided that it would probably be better for me to work and be busy. Due to baby being breech, chances of going onto labor while working were slim. And I was right. It was also nice to have the 2 extra days on my pay check!
I have started washing clothes and blankets and it has really hit me that my life is going to change! I am going to have a completely dependent child again and a very independent child that will want to "help." I have started getting sad because Abilynn's world is about to drastically change. She has not idea what is going to happen. We visit the park a lot and cuddle in bed a lot lately. I am trying to spend lots of time with her. I realize that we can still have one on one time after Baby Brother comes but my hormones are a little crazy right now and I feel guilty!
Abilynn has enjoyed getting ready for Peter. She climbs in and out of the bassinet, carries the bumbo all over the house and sits in it to make sure it is comfortable. She "helps" me fold brothers clothes and blankets. She waves hi to brother when I tell her to say hi to him. It is actually really cute! She will put her hand on my belly when JP puts his hand on my belly. She points to the stretch marks on my belly and remarks "owie" (I thought my belly was pretty stretched out after Abilynn but I was wrong. Baby Brother has decided that there wasn't enough room and has created some nice new stretch marks in his attempt to have more room to move around. Regardless of what the lotion says, YOU WILL STILL GET STRETCH MARKS!!!!!!! Even if your husband tries, and succeeds because you bought the lotion, to convince you otherwise.)

No comments: