Thursday, January 22, 2009

I will never measure up

Last night JP and I went and ate at Quizno's. I ordered a sandwich plus soup. I got the broccoli cheese soup and offered some to JP. He tried it and said it was good. I thought it was very good. As we sat and finished our dinner I realized there is one person whose cooking I will never measure up too...Diane's.
It does not matter how good my meatloaf is, it is always compared to Diane's and what could be different. I know putting string cheese in meatloaf is weird but I was trying to add some dairy. And the shredded up carrots add color but you can't even taste them!
Diane's spaghetti was also very good and again not matter what I do it does not taste the same. Did she put green peppers in her sauce? I have no idea.
Her chicken noodle soup. Again mine was good, others besides me liked it too. Don't get me wrong, JP always eats whatever I cook but then he tries to figure out what is missing. I know what is missing and unfortunately it can't be fixed.
And last her bug, broccoli, cheese soup. I have not attempted to cook this (1-I don't have a recipe and 2-can't find one) but I am sure if I cooked it it would not be the same. So last night I told myself I am never going to cook broccoli cheese soup. That's right, I am throwing up my hands and admitting defeat. This is one I just cannot win.

No comments: