Friday, May 7, 2010

Doctor Update

Off the subject, but did anyone else notice that the baby count down on the side of my blog is now counting up!? I know how many days I am over due thank you!
Here is what the doctor said yesterday- still zero! And still very high. In fact my cervix is still pointed very far back and high that it felt like it was in my throat! He did another ultrasound to make sure she is still head down and she is. Here is what happens now, because I am overdue I get to go in for a non-stress test. They make sure baby girl still has enough amniotic fluid and stuff. I go in for that on Tuesday morning. There is still the possibility I go into labor on my own before or even after that. If I don't then we will induce. My doctor came into the room and made sure I was still ok with being induced, knowing that labor could last 24 hours and I might need a cesarean even after all of that. (By the way doc- that was a HORRIBLE pep talk!) I looked at him and asked "What are my other options? Being pregnant for 42 weeks and then having to be induced?" No thank you!! This is where I put trust in my body and hope it figures out soon what to do. If it doesn't then I put my put my trust in my doctor and modern medicine. Depending on the time of day I am either crying, or ok with what is going on. My brother was over the other day and he said he doesn't understand why women freak out if their baby goes overdue. I told him until he is pregnant and feels the way I do, then he cannot say anything!
At this point it is a mind game and you just tell yourself it is going to happen, this baby will come out and she will be beautiful and a couple of days after she comes you will wish her back inside! That is my pep talk I give myself everyday. I do have good news though, people now tell me I am a cute pregnant person and I have not had anyone tell me I look huge for a long time! (which is probably a good thing because I am pretty sure I would go crazy on them!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

With Alex, labor started the evening of Sept 23rd and he was finally born the morning of Sept 25th. With Max, labor started at 6 AM on June 18th and I had him just after noon.

I scheduled inductions for both boys, but ended up going into labor on my own, in Alex's case 2 days before (though he came on induction day anyway), in Max's case, 2 hours before I was supposed to come in to get induced.

You just never know what's going to happen until it's happening.

I know it sucks (and you're still sounding upbeat, I was a cranky whiny sobbing mess the entire last week of both my pregnancies), all I can do is offer my sympathy and tell you to keep your eye on the prize, she's coming, she's almost here, the end is in sight!

Anonymous said...

Also, a funny story, today I'm at work and I called home to check on the boys and John didn't answer, the phone's ringing funny like it does when he's on the other line. It's 7AM so I'm thinking the only person he could possibly be talking to this early is JP because of the baby! So I check my email, nothing. So I'm frantically trying to get hold of John to find out if the girl is here! I finally get hold of him and John says "oh sorry, I was talking to JP" to which I scream "THE BABY! WOO HOO!" at the top of my lungs in the lunchroom at work. Well, of course, there was not yet a baby, they were talking about the stupid rent check for the house. Of course, I was most bummed and also everyone at my office is now sure that I'm insane.

Anonymous said...

Also, a funny story, today I'm at work and I called home to check on the boys and John didn't answer, the phone's ringing funny like it does when he's on the other line. It's 7AM so I'm thinking the only person he could possibly be talking to this early is JP because of the baby! So I check my email, nothing. So I'm frantically trying to get hold of John to find out if the girl is here! I finally get hold of him and John says "oh sorry, I was talking to JP" to which I scream "THE BABY! WOO HOO!" at the top of my lungs in the lunchroom at work. Well, of course, there was not yet a baby, they were talking about the stupid rent check for the house. Of course, I was most bummed and also everyone at my office is now sure that I'm insane.

littlered said...

I love you with all of my heart sister!!! And when she gets here, that's all that will matter! I love you so much! Tell baby girl I'm happy she's taking her time (then she'll be newer when I finally get to see her :) Sorry Steph, I realize that is totally NOT what you want to hear!!!!!! But I'm so excited and happy for you!!!!! So much!!!! I love you with all of my heart!!!!

Scott and Sara said...

Hang in there Stephani! I feel so bad you are crying and sad. I know the feeling though. She can't possibly live in there forever, even if she wants to!
I will be praying everyday that it is supposed to be her birthday NOW. Luvs!