JP took Bailey and Molly up to Idaho this weekend. It was the duck hunting opener. I laughed when JP said he was going to take both dogs. You see as much as I love my dogs Bailey is like me and, well he is lazy. Then there is Molly and she is well, a spaz! So I thought for sure JP was not going to have a good time. Turns out he had a good time. There were not a lot of ducks so Bailey found himself a nice spot in the bushes and fell asleep while Molly found some dead fish and rolled around in it. I am pretty sure that the u-de-toilet duck smell went out years ago, but Molly still insists on smelling like it. Oh well, at least she is cute to make up for it! JP didn't see her until it was too late and she was already covered in the dead fish. Then Baileys breath stinks more then usual and JP informed me that whenever they happened upon cow poo, you guessed it, Bailey would eat it! Personally I have never tried cow poop but even if I was desperate I would not eat it. I guess if you are hungry and bored enough you WILL eat it! Molly would roll around in the cow poop. So needless to say my house stinks and DO NOT let my dogs lick your face unless you want to smell like cow poop too!
Because JP and the dogs were out of town, it was just me. Instead of cleaning the house I hung out at my parents. Why should I clean when JP is having fun? I watched conference with my family and Saturday night while the boys were at priesthood my sisters and I watched Maid of Honor. It was a good chick flick. Kimmy wanted to watch it again Sunday night but it ended up not happening. So all in all it was a good weekend for everyone here! The dogs are STILL recovering from hunting and probably will be for a couple more days. They just lay around and this morning when I left they didn't even wag their tails to say good by. I guess they are really tired.
Random thought of the day: Why does your nose run when you are cold?
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would have thought the same thing when he took the two dogs. But I bet is was a nice break for you. I love just taking it easy and hanging with the fam. I know you missed your babies, but it sounds like you had a nice time. We knew JP would, cause he always does.
Ewww! Time for some doggy baths, it sounds like!
Welcome to Dillier-Hunt-Dog-Mom World! Best thing to do is wash the collars...each time. It isn't always the pup. But it doesn't hurt to give the old bath-e-wath-e! Workin' at the dog-wash..oh-yea-a-the dogwashyea. Hopefully JP got all of the burrs out of her furrs too!
Ok, no. NO NO NO! Fancy will not be a hunting dog, I don't care what Joe says. No fishy smelling cow poop breath dog for me. *shudder* GAH!
Post a Comment