Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mr Potato Head and his bucket of pumpkin parts!

JP and I went and picked out pumpkins last night. The brakes on JP's car have been squeaking for awhile and so he fixed them the other day. Well unfortunately they were not fixed. So as we are driving to the store the brakes would squeak whenever you applied pressure. We got to the store and started looking. After much thought we picked out two and headed inside to pay. I needed to pick up some women products so I start looking for them. Next thing I know JP is singing along to the music while I get my stuff. I ask him if we needed anything else. "No." He replies. "Just my tampax and you got those." Thanks for your humor!? So we pay and leave. JP was determined to figure out what brake was squeaking so on the way home he drove with the window down and his head hanging out of it. I mention that it is cold to which he replied we are almost home. Again thanks for your thoughtfulness! Upon returning home we assembled our pumpkins. For those of you who are now confused, I did not say carve I said assemble. See JP found me Mr. Potato Head parts for pumpkins! We got two, a witch and monster. This is why it took us awhile to pick out the pumpkins because we wanted the perfect one for Mr. Potato Head. And by perfect it didn't have to be perfect shaped or color, in fact it didn't really need to stand up by itself. It had to be perfect for the parts to fit, and they did!

























Random thought of the day: What happens to all the pumpkins that aren't bought? JP says they make them into pies, cookies, etc. I thought they used canned pumpkin for those things.

3 comments:

jamie said...

I was wondering how well those punkin head parts worked. John and I were with JP and Heidi when they got those and I wondered how they'd actually look on a pumpkin. They look pretty cute, wish I'd have gotten some now!

Scott and Sara said...

Your pumpkins are sooo cute! And you didn't have to scrape out the guts!

mrsjwd9 said...

I love your new "head"er picture!