Thursday, October 2, 2008

Look what you can learn by reading

So those of you know know me well know I read everything. I read the back of chap sticks, frosting packages, owners manual of my car cover to cover, manual to our washer and dryer, etc. Yes I know it is very dorky but I don't care! But I have learned many things by reading and here they are for you....
*Burt's Bees is made in Durham North Carolina. (the back of my chap stick)(even more reason to visit Jess and Shauntel!!!)
*The difference between alligators and crocodiles is the edge of the upper jaw in an alligator overlaps the teeth of the lower jaw. Crocodiles are opposite, their over jaw fits over their upper. (tag on a white alligator stuffed animal from the zoo)
*The difference between bison and buffalo is one has 13 sets of ribs and the other has 14. I don't remember which is which. Their heads are also bigger. (world book)
and last but not least.....
*When using already made frosting stir frosting 20 times before using. (Betty Crocker frosting)

4 comments:

littlered said...

haha so I read the first sentence of your blog and literally the first thing I thought of was the Burt's Bees! :)

Lauri said...

You just crack me up!

Kayleen said...

I feel enlightened. I should read the intsructions & inserts on stuff more often!

Shboogoo's Mommy said...

I read those kinds of things, too. That's interesting about the difference between the animals.