Thursday, February 26, 2009

Round 2

First I do not write this post to make others feel bad. I do not want to offend anyone with what I say. I don't need anymore advise about what to do (already have an overload). And last I don't want people to tell me I need to not stress so much or go on a vacation. That being said, I write this post because this blog is about me and JP (plus our pets!) and what is going on in our lives. This post will expose me a little more then I would like but if I could help someone else and have them realize they are not alone then this post worked!

JP and I have been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half now. (There you go I have now told the whole Internet. Hope JP is OK with that!?) I know to some that does not seem like a lot of time but let me tell you it feels like an eternity! I have been pocked, prodded and violated more then women should! All tests we have done come back negative for anything wrong. This is fantastic but I don't always see it that way. I know many think I am over reacting and children will come when they do, and blah blah but it is VERY hard for me to see others get pregnant no problems. I have always kind of had issues with an "oops" baby anyways.
For the most part people have stopped asking me when we will have kids. I think this is a very inappropriate question to ask anyone. You have no idea what people are going through! At first I would get mad at people for asking this, sometimes I still do get mad. But for the most part I try to brush it off like no big deal. It was like I should have gotten pregnant the day I graduated. (Believe me, I was trying. I would have been over joyed if I was!) I have shed many tears over silly things but it is a VERY touchy subject with me.
JP and I met with a fertility doctor two months ago and he put me on clomed. I knew I wouldn't get pregnant the first month, but tears were still shed when JP made me take a pregnancy test just to make sure before I started another round of clomed. He now needs to purchase me another one because one day I will need it and those things are not cheap!! Going on clomed was a hard decision for JP because he does not like drugs. If he was not for it then I would have respected him and not done it. But after the appointment he admitted that he was getting frustrated too. FINALLY! He is so good at keeping things inside. He talks to the guys he works with about it and of course they all give their advise too. I like the fact that he is willing to talk about it I just wish he would talk to me more often. He probably avoids the subject with me because I tend to over react to things (I am pretty sure I got this trait from my mom!)
Anyways, I have mellowed out a lot the past couple of months. I still get upset when I find out others are pregnant, but I get over it. There is not much I can do about it except be happy for them.
So we trek on and am thankful we have the technology we have now! Maybe my body just thinks we still live in bible times and I have to be A LOT older to have children!?

10 comments:

jamie said...

There is nothing more personal than a couple's fertility issues. The fact that you're willing to talk about it WHILE IT'S HAPPENING is very brave because I didn't. I can talk about it now because it's not as painful now that it's over.

And don't let anyone tell you that you're overreacting or too emotional or whatever. THIS SUCKS. IT'S UNFAIR. IT'S HARD. You have every right to feel however you feel.

You are strong and taking charge of this thing by getting on Clomid and seeing the doctor. ANd as unhelpful as it might be, we are keeping you guys in our thoughts, trying to will the fertility Gods to smile on you with a whole litter of babies!

amberjill said...

wow! I would thank Jamie for the octuplets right now! :) Pregnancy tests are expensive, but here is the website I order mine from http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/. That will definitely cut the cost! I can't wait to hear the good news! :)

Scott and Sara said...

Thanks for sharing that Stephanie. I know you have mentioned it before. I was curious how things went with the Dr but didn't want to upset you by asking...but was unsure how to let you know I cared and was here to listen. I am sorry you have had a hard time with it, but glad you are feeling a little more positive. I have heard a lot of good things about clomid. Good luck! I will be on the lookout for a good deal on some tests!! We are here for you guys if you ever need us!

Cam said...

Hey Stephani- I'm sorry to hear about your struggles- and wish you the best of luck with everything.
P.S. This may sound white trash, but hear me out, the dollar store sells pregnancy tests--they are ACCURATE and work just fine!

DillChips said...

Thank you, I hope you felt a release and that you can be less bugged by others, since they don't matter anyways. You and J.p. matter. I never will understand why, or the timeline that god decides....when I feel clearly you and J.p. are so much more and have so much more to offer than so many who have children. All and all I am frustated for you as well.
But don't let the hope fade away. Please don't be a stranger let me know how you are doing....you can vent to me, I am out of the loop.
I love you and there is no doubt in my mind that are children will play together some day just like you and I use to do.
P.S. As a family it is very clear that you and J.p. are Bell and the beast....not to call J.p. a beast. Any way we watch that show often lately and I keep thinking of you guys we miss you.

Anonymous said...

It is going to happen Steph. In time it will happen and it will be the most wonderful thing. I am so sorry that you have to go through all of this. I have no good words of advice. But just remember that you are loved. That your Heavenly Father loves you and what is supposed to happen will happen when it is supposed to. You deserve all the happiness in the world. You are one of the most amazing people that I know. You have taught me a lot and we love both you and JP dearly. Keep smiling. We will keep praying.

Shboogoo's Mommy said...

I'm glad you shared this and so sorry you and JP are frustrated. You said you don't need advice about what to do. I just want to say that I believe you will be a mother; a great one.

Laur said...

oh sweety. Good job letting the cat out of the bag. Altho I hope you don't feel like you HAD to, or you owed it to anyone. But I know it was a big step for you.
You know, I know you know, that I am more here for you than anyone. I am your number one cheer leader and shoulder to cry on. Remember at Noodles and Co. and we both just started crying? How sad was that? but i actually remember it as being a GOOD memory.
It means we are best of friends. We feel each others emotions together.
There is nothing Corey and I wouldn't do to help you guys. We remember you in prayers often. I know the right thing is just around the corner. Keep trying, keep praying, keep doing fun things, it will happen. I love you sister!

Dusty said...

Hey Steph. Just to let you know, I always got my tests at the dollar store. They work well without spending a gazillion dollars!

Rommel and Christy said...

Hey Steph! I hope things are working out better for you two. All is can say is been there done that...so sorry you have to deal with the BS of infertility! If you every need to talk, I am here.