Friday, May 30, 2008

Graduation Day!!!!!!!!!

Kimmie Jeanne graduated today! YEAH, GO KIMMIE JEANNE! Sadly, Kimmie will be the last of the Cheney clan to graduate from Murray High School. The last three kids will graduate from Brighton. My mom, dad, Whitney, Gram, Pop and I all attended the graduation ceremony. As graduation ceremonies go, this one was not too bad. We sat behind this really nice lady who was very polite. She helped us pass the time by talking with us. She also helped us cheer really loud for Kimmie and we cheered really loud for her friends son too. She asked Whitney and I if we were graduating too. I said I just did. She asked where from and I said here (the graduation was at the Salt Lake Community College). She did not believe me and told me I looked like I was 18. Whitney told her I was 25, I am really 26 but what is one year! The lady did not believe Whitney. Her actually words were (now I need to let you know the lady was black so think of a black lady saying this) "You are not 26! Uh-Uh. Hello 18!" My dad keeps telling me one day I will appreciate people telling me I look younger then I am. I am getting better, I don't correct people as often anymore.
After we went to lunch/dinner (it was four o-clock by the time we got done with pictures and everything at the graduation) at the Cheesecake Factory. JP will not be returning to the Cheesecake Factory any time soon as this was not the best of visits for him. He was not impressed with his salad and when he asked the waitress for a box to put his cheesecake in she gave him this bad look. His root beer was really good though. The rest of us liked what we got and the cheesecake was to die for!! We got a couple of different pieces. The macadamia nut is really good, the Godiva is really good and the Tuxedo one, I could eat a whole piece by myself! (Courtney did actually eat a whole piece by herself, who knew she could do that!?)
After hanging-out with the family, JP and I went and hung-out with Scott and Sarah. We went to Pei Wei and then we were going to go to the dollar theater but nothing looked good. So we went to Red Box and Scott and JP picked out the movie. Sarah and I were worried they picked the movie with Will Ferrel (the basketball one, I don't remember the name right now). They would not tell us what movie they got.
We stopped by Erin's house (JP's Aunt-in-law) after getting the movie. JP was checking on her air conditioner. She had a crib mattress she gave to Scott and Sarah. The mattress fit perfectly in between the seats,creating two sides to the car. This made for some enjoyment for the ride home as Scott had to ask JP and Sarah, who were on the other side of the car, if it was clear for him to pull out into the road because he could not see. Then we started joking that we all needed our own space and the mattress helps with that. It is not so good when someone has to fart and the mattress restricts where the air can go! (As I read back about the mattress it really was one of those things you had to be there for as my retelling what happened really does not make a lot of sense. It is really funny if you have the commentary from Scott to go along with the story!) We got Frosty's from Wendys and went back to Scott and Sarahs house to watch the movie. JP and Scott picked out Juno. JP and I had not seen the movie but Scott and Sarah had. I thought the movie was very well written. Was it one of my favorites? I would say no. Would I watch it again? Here is where I would say maybe. I was in a mood ( I know what some of you are thinking right now and I am not always in a mood) and I think that affected my really paying attention to the movie. So here is my first movie rating on my blog. I would give the movie Juno a B (maybe with a plus). It was well written (which saved it from a minus), entertaining, and had some funny parts, but don't expect to bust a gut as it is more of a serious movie. So there is my movie review. (Don't expect a lot of movie reviews from me as JP and I have turned into that couple that rarely visits the theater anymore and does not rent movies often due to the price. Although Red Box has helped with the price we have had some bad experiences with scratched movies.)
P.S. My friend Laurie was over last night and was showing me how to do things on my blog so sorry for the next couple of days as things may be changing a lot.

2 comments:

Shauntel said...

Oh no! I loved Juno! Such good dialogue. Great acting. And so different from the regular. But that said, it is quite different. :)

Thanks for the post too - I really do love hearing what's going on. We so wish we could've been there for Kimmy today, so I'm glad I got to read about it!

:)

jamie said...

You do look young, but you're still too young to appreciate it I think. I've looked 30 since I was 20! Just remember, no matter how old you get, you'll always get to be JP's trophy wife :)

As for Juno, I need to see it again. You can't watch that kind of movie while pregnant. I missed the entire end of the movie because I was sobbing so much. I mean the kind of sobbing where you're shaking and your eyes are swollen and you're full on doing the "ugly cry". The people next to me in the theater must have thought I was having a seisure or something. I really don't think I'd have had that reaction if I weren't full o hormones