Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Cleaned my closet!!!!!

I know what your thinking, you cleaned your closet, yeah!? But what you don't know is my, I should say ours because JP and I share a closet but I do take over 9/10ths of it (wonder where I got that from? It is one of those things I learned from my mom!!!, which if she reads this I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!). Anyways our closet was a disaster! It looked like a tornado went through it. Shoes and clothes were everywhere, not to mention tons of other miscellaneous stuff. To get something out of the closet you had to step on things and take your life into your own hands. So I cleaned it. It only took me about 3 hours. I cleaned everything out. I then folded up all my sweaters and long sleeve shirts and put them away. Then I got out my shorts and short sleeve shirts, summer here I come!!! I found out that there is really a floor and a counter in our closet, not to mention the huge window, every master bedroom closet needs a huge window in it!? I am not going to let it get that bad again! (seriously it took me forever, I have way too much stuff) These pictures are what my closet looked like after.


As I write this post I am having my first snow cone of the summer season (Strawberry Daiquiri flavor). Summer has really begun. Now if the sun would just come out and stay out it would make things better!
JP came home for lunch today and I thought we could go to lunch together. Wrong. He came home to play his computer games. He even multi-tasked my eating his cereal and playing his games at the same time. He was home for about an hour and a half then decided it was time to go back to work.
After I cleaned out my closet, which pretty much took up the whole day because I took a couple of breaks, I went outside and enjoyed the sun. I filled the foot spa JP gave me (one of the many finds in my closet today) and let my feet soak while I relaxed and got mad at Molly for eating grass. Then Molly threw up because she ate the grass, at least it was outside! (I told her not to eat the grass! I know loving words from a puppy mom.)
And that was my day!

5 comments:

DillChips said...

Kudos Stephani!!!
Your closet that I did not know was there looks roomy and well organized.
Also SNOW CONES!! now I know the real reason I am coming home to have one with you. I have to go to the one by Dans. My favorites Carmel Apple w/cream and Strawberry Vanilla w/cream you gotta try them. I hope you won't be too busy by the time Lily and I come into town. Love ya

Lauri said...

WOW! That is a really big closet and it looks really good!

jamie said...

That closet is bigger than our new baby's room! John and I have never shared a closet and never will, our criteria when house hunting is two separate master bedroom closets. Not because either of us have so many clothes, but because both of us keep our closets just crazy messy and we're both very territorial about our clothing storage. We both think the other is just too messy to share with.

mrsjwd9 said...

You know you should have taken a before pic...that is where you really get the ohhhs and ahhhs!
Looks great!

Shauntel said...

Don't worry - your husband passed on the computer game addiction to mine. He comes home at night and I see him on the computer, and I'm like, "So whatcha doin?" assuming that he's researching or checking email, etc.

Um, no. Playing his computer games. I go to bed - he's playing his computer games.

:)