Friday, October 10, 2008

I am definitely a warm weather sports fan!!

JP, me, John, Jamie, Alex and Max all went to the REAL game last night. It was the first game in the new stadium. I knew it was going to be cold so I grabbed a blanket, hat, jacket, and gloves before we left. I ended up putting on everything and was still kind of cold. As I was sitting there trying to be warmer I thought to myself 'I am definitely a warm weather sports fan.' I like to attend soccer games and football games but I really enjoy them when it is nice outside, not so much when it is cold! The new Rio Tinto stadium is nice. There are some things that are not so nice. For instance last night they ran out of pizza and it was a 30 minute wait for one. Are you kidding me? We went for hot dogs instead. You can only get bottled drinks, no fountain drinks, and it is Pepsi products. Now I am not a Pepsi product fan unless it is wild cherry Pepsi, which they did not have. And the kicker is the drink is 3 dollars. I know what was I expecting, I was at a sporting event and wanted a reasonable price for the food. Last but not least the seats do not have arm rests and looked really cheap. Now arm rests are never used to put your arms on at a sporting event, they are more there so everyone can have their own space. Without the arm rests to let everyone know when their space ends and others begins, well their space spills over to you. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game last night and I am sure I will be going to more in the future but there were some flaws with the new stadium I thought I would let you know about. GO REAL SALT LAKE!

Random thought of the day: Why can you keep baseballs and tennis balls that go into the crowd but you can't keep soccer balls, footballs, or basket balls?

1 comment:

amberjill said...

hey, we were at the game too! Only, we had a totally different experience. We were working the concessions and ran out of hot dogs and pretzels ALL night long. Oh, and our 1 hot chocolate machine for 12 registers couldn't keep up, then we ran out of that too! However, you could have come and gotten a pb&j, we didn't run out of those, however, we didn't sell any either! :) It was a pretty stadium, though, and a cold night! I hope to go as a spectator sometime. :) If you'd like to switch places, let me know! :) hahahaha