Saturday, December 20, 2008

Forever in Blue Jeans!!! (or black tuxedo pants)

Last night JP and I got to go to the Neil Diamond concert! I was VERY excited and well JP at least came and did not make too much fun. We went with my mom and dad. Originally my dad was going to go with his sister and her husband but they were out of town. JP and I were over at the ward helping with the neighborhood Christmas party and my phone rang. I was busy so I did not answer. Then JP's phone rang. It was my dad asking if we wanted to go to the concert. He had forgot he had 4 tickets but remembered I wanted to go. Of course I said Yes! (the committee won't notice I left early right!? Actually I do feel bad I left early.) JP and I left the party and headed out to the E center. We get there and no one is in the parking lot. Yeah, we will get a good spot. I ask JP if he was sure it was the E center and not the Energy Solutions Arena. He pulls out the tickets and it is at the Energy Solutions Arena. So we turn around and drive as fast as is safe downtown. Don't worry we got there before it started! It was a good concert. People were standing up dancing. Neil's first cd came out 35 years ago. If you are doing the math, yes I was not born yet. In fact I did not come along until almost ten years after that. There was this older lady with white hair on the very front row, and she was rocking out. It was fun to watch her! My first concert experience was Neil Diamond when I was about ten or eleven. We slept over night at the then Delta Center for the tickets. I remember I slept on a chase lounge. They now give out wrist bands so there is no more sleeping over, probably a good move as it is scary today than it was then! For those of you who did not make it to the concert you missed out. I had a smile on my face the whole time. I am not sure if it was because I was so excited to be there or because of all the older people rocking out. What ever it was I really had fun. JP of course would make comments here and there but he survived. I think he likes Neil Diamond he just doesn't want to admit it!

P.S. Jen mom I think I know where Joe got his dance moves from, Neil. I was laughing so hard because they dance exactly the same! JP informed me that Joe doesn't really like Neil Diamond, so maybe we should keep that to ourselves!

2 comments:

jamie said...

Oh man! John surprised me with Neil tickets three years ago, and it was awesome, though I'm a HUGE Diamond fangirl.

Lauri said...

I love your new header! CUTE!!!