Thursday, December 4, 2008
Want to hear something funny?
Yesterday at work we were doing the Holiday postcards we send out. Whenever someone had a chance we would help. I didn't have a patient and so I offered to take the postcards out to the mail box. I take them out to the blue box on the street and come back in. I then sit down and start with more postcards. As I am putting on the labels, the postcards look funny to me. I keep going and then in dawns on me. I turn around and look at some girls I work with and say "Do you want to hear something funny?" One of them says "Like funny ha ha or.." Me "No, like funny stupid. You know all the postcards I put in the mail box? They didn't have stamps on them." The two co-workers laugh as I laugh too, then I look at them and say "It really isn't funny." They were both glad it was me and not them! So I call the post office and tell them what happened and if I can get them back. They say no. We then make a sign and tape it to the mail box for the mail carrier to see. We leave the work number for them to call. They were suppose to pick up at 2 so I waited. I waited until 2:15 and there was no sign of them. I left and came home. By the way, I did not tell my dad what happened because I wanted to be 100% sure that we could not get them back. This morning I walk into the office and what is sitting on the front desk? The 200 postcards I put in the mail box! The post woman saw the note and put them in our box. But it doesn't end there. I answered the phone around 1:15 today and it was Kathy from the post office asking if we got our cards. I told her yes and thank you. She says it happens a lot. So see I am not the only one who has been not so smart!?! Thank you once again Kathy for helping me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yep we got a postcard WITH a stamp in the mail. Thanks!
I understand (from you) I have to write a comment on your blog to remind you to check your email. The Dillier Xmas drawing lists are there.
I am sorry I am such a pain (but that is my thing to be one) to make you change your picture. From Halloween to a regular. I love that one it is cute so was the Halloween one!
Post a Comment