Like most of you, my family has holiday traditions. One of them is to go to the Kurt Bestor concert. It has to be the Saturday matinee. The concert was this last Saturday, the 13. Jess and Shauntel were unable to attend as was Jeremy. We did think about you though and can't wait to see you Jess and Shauntel! (and can't wait to see Jeremy either!) Vegas has no idea what is coming! Anyways, like always the concert did not disappoint. We have been attending Kurt's concerts for about 13 years. Those who have dated and married into our family know we go every year. Thankfully we have all married people who enjoy it, or at least they pretend for our sake! After the concert we head over to Benihana for some food. Whitney had a dance this year so my mom and her left before dinner.
I love attending the Kurt Bestor concert. When I leave his concert I think "OK, Christmas can now come. I am ready." Not that Christmas wouldn't come if I wanted it but you understand. It helps get me in the mood and reminds me why we celebrate Christmas. Like most holidays Christmas has turned very commercial and people forget why we celebrate the holiday. It is not about the gifts we get but the gifts we give. It is about spending time with family. But most importantly, it is about remembering Christ and all that he has done for us. So remember to take time out from all the craziness and thank Heavenly Father for all your blessings. It doesn't take long and it will help you really feel the spirit of the season, and help you realize just how much you are blessed every day!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment